RESOLVED - Urgent in Palm City, FL

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pla725

Reaction score
I work for a local humane society in Palm City fl, we have a white
rabbit with red eyes(possibly a Florida White but tiny). He came into
the shelter 1 week before i went on vacation, Never in my life have i
seen ear mites this bad on ANY animal. It looked like there was a
pine-cone sticking out of his ears. You could tell that he was like
this for a long time and that he was in a great deal of pain. I
immediately started with his ears, i cleaned them out a bit and let
them soak because they were rock hard. After 1 week they were fully
cleaned out and treated for mites. I went to vacation and when i came
back today(wed28th) they tell me that he has been grumpy and that he
will not go up for adoption! That means one thing take him or he
dies! Please help him i can not take him i have 5 rabbits and others
too and I'm going to be moving in a few days. We also have 2 male
white angora rabbits that are going to be in need of homes or foster
homes. They were left in the night drop in HORRIBLE conditions!!!
They are missing fur (probably from overcrowding and fighting) and
have tons of huge mats. I have clip-ed them and they are doing better
now but we are full of rabbits and we have some needle happy people
in the building that do not care about them that way we do. Please
call me Sara (772)708-9668 Sandeyfeet1@... PLEASE HELP THE BUNS!

I know Sara from a Bunderground transport I did last year. She is a wonderful rabbit advocate. I am pulling one of the buns from her this weekend, which will be transported to Gainesville Rabbit Rescue (thank you GRR!). Sara still needs to place two rabbits. Can anyone else help out? I can help with transport.

stephiemarie78 wrote:
I might be able to help. Is she just needing to find homes for them. I could possible take in 1, unless it was a bonded pair.

Yes, she is trying to find homes. Could you call Sara? If you can take one, I could pick up the rabbit on Sunday along with the one I am pulling. I work in Winter Park (Orlando) and could work out transporting it to you.

I know Sara would be very grateful. She is really a great person and trying so hard to help out the bunnies.

YAY!!! What a great success story. All three rabbits have been placed! I will be delivering Stephanie's new babies to her on Sunday afternoon. Boy, am I going to be doing a lot of driving:

Ormond - Melbourne: 1.5 hours

Melbourne - Tampa: 2.5 hours

Tampa - Ocala: 1.5 hours

Ocala - Ormond: 1.5 hours

It's worth it to have these three bunnies safe!!

I'm going to get stuff to make them a nic cage tommorow. Then I'll get them to the vet next week make sure everything is good. I might even schedule them to be nutered next month, depending on how old they are. I didn't ask i just assumed they weren't babies. I'm happy to beable to help them. Im going to keep them in the small room off the kitchen away from my others. Now i need to come up with some names.

I just saw this thread. I live right next to Palm city for future reference. I may have been able to convince my husband that we could foster one (maybe) but I'm so glad they found a place to go. Good job.

Hey Beau... I believe the badly abused whiteboy is only going to another shelter or rescue in Gainesville, not sure he has a foster or forever home lined up, you may be sorely needed yet!

As for names, Paula and Patti put this altogether, but the bunnies are boys so I guess suggestion would have to be Paul and Pat!!

('Pat the bunny'...:laughsmiley:)

Good on y'all for helping out.

sas :yahoo:

Pipp wrote:
Hey Beau... I believe the badly abused whiteboy is only going to another shelter or rescue in Gainesville, not sure he has a foster or forever home lined up, you may be sorely needed yet!
Gainesville Rabbit Rescue is a foster based rescue. The little white boy will be going into a foster home.

BEAUKEZRA wrote:
I just saw this thread. I live right next to Palm city for future reference. I may have been able to convince my husband that we could foster one (maybe) but I'm so glad they found a place to go. Good job.
Maybe you could give Sara a call or email ([email protected]) and introduce yourself. You may be able to help her out with a future emergency.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

i just joined the group i didnt even know it existed! I can not thank all of you, great job i will be off to meet up and drop off the buns tomorow. Let me know if there is anything i can do for anyone else that needs help in my area! -Sara:bunnydance::flowerskiss:

Mission accomplished - 8 hours and 406 miles later, Stephanie has her two boys and Windsor (the little white bun) is at GRR. Three more bunny lives saved!

Anyone want to give me a shoulder rub?

P.S. It was great to meet you Stephanie!

Well sorry guys I'm still unpacking and I couldn't find my camera so I had to take photos with my cellphone. =) I'll be uploading them now so be on the lookout.

My boyfriend Nick wants to name them Snow and Flake. But I'm not sure yet.

Image045.jpg

Image046.jpg

Image048.jpg

Image050.jpg

Image052.jpg

photo.jpg

Image049.jpg

This is just a temporary set up till i can find some Coroplast.

Cute pics of your new babies! They are mirror images. I love their set-up. Is there any indication that they may have been bonded before? They did come in together.

I like the name Snow. I'm not sure I would want to be the bunny named Flake.

Latest posts

Back