RESOLVED: two bunnies in Arizona need a loving home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
** NOT MY BUNNIES**

I was checking my local freecycle add and came across an add for "2rabbits w/hutch to very good home only". Being the person that I am, Iasked about them and offered to take them in and find them the besthome out there if the person absolutely could not afford to care forthem anymore (they are having money troubles).

I send her an email and this is the reply I got back. I am just postingher email so I don't have to type it all out myself, she goes intogreat detail.....

"Aw, Amy, thanks for asking.
Yes, I don't want them to be mistreated and was going to carefullyinterview anyone interested. We have 5 horses and 2 otherdogs right now and with it being show season for the horses, we don'twant to neglect these little cuties.

They live in the same hutch and love each other very much and lick eachother all the time, share their feeder and waterer. We usedto have two feeders in there, but it seems they LOVE to share with eachother.

They have always been outside bunnies, who have a heat lamp in thehutch on cold nights. They come in to play, but we've neverlet them use a litter box, never thought of it, so I don't know if theycould do that or not, without trying them in one.

No health problems that we know of. Riesin, the white rex w/black tipped ears had a respiratory infection a year ago and Dr.Skinner treated her for it at Prescott Animal Hospital. Theyare both sweet and want good loving owners. Bugger Bear is acute little brown holland lop we purchased at the County Fair this yearat about 8wks of age. I have a pedigree for her somewhere,but don't know where it's at right at the moment. As soon asI find that, I'll give it to the new owner, in case they want to showher.

They just eat rabbit chow and some carrots we give them fortreats. They also LOVE peach leaves when our peach tree hasleaves on it. They also get some grass hay sometimes as theyreally like it, but they're not picky eaters and seem to be reallyhealthy.

I haven't had any response yet. A friend was supposed to takethem a few weeks ago, and hasn't been able to pick up the hutch and Iam not physically able to lift the hutch due to a shoulderinjury. The hutch is fairly heavy.
My hubby & daughter refurbished it after getting it off offreecycle. It would do well if it were put up on some blocksto make cleaning a little easier.

Anywho, that's the scoop. I'll keep your name on hand as yousound like you would take good care of them and let you know if nobodywith a GREAT heart shows up to offer a new home to our bunnies."

By the sounds of it, I don't think they are spayed, but I know of aplace in Pheonix, AZ that spays for around $50 a bunny. They arereputable as they are listed on the Brambley Hedge Rabbit Rescue site.

So, if you are in the area (or not) and want to give a home tothese cuties, then please reply! They really do deserve a great homewith knowledgeable bunny people.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Anyone?:)

I hope so! This woman really cares about herbunnies and is going to interview anyone interested. I would love tosee them in a wonderful home! Have your friend sign onto this forum andlearn a ton, if she doesn't already!

Have a talk with your friend soon and let me know, so I can let this lady know:).

It would be wonderful:D.

Ack I"m horrible, I forgot to call my friend!But I'll talk to her asap! (since it's the middle of the night rightnow I can't call now..... I work graveyard... I'll try her when I wakeup Saturday evening!)

Jessi

Yay! Great! I emailed the woman with the buns tosee if she still had them last night, but no reply back yet. I doubtthey are gone as she said she would contact me right away if they founda home.

If your friend can't offer them a home, what's two more love-buns for you?:stikpoke

:sunshine:

Anyway, if they don't have a home and she needs to give them up becauseshe can't afford them anymore, then I am going to take them in, save up$200 in a month, get them spayed, have litter box training down, thenadopt them out....somehow. My town is so small that I don't know whowould want a bunny here and could take care of it well.

Well, friend doesn't know if hubby will ok twobuns. He agreed to one a few weeks ago, as long as it was fixed andwould stay small. She might get him to agree to an unfixed one that shecan get fixed from the spay/nueter clinic, but he won't budge on thesmall. But I'm not sure his definition of small? And no clue yet ifhe'll ok two. Do you know how big they are?

I'll also ask around at work, though working graveyard, I don't see many people!

Jessi

The one said that one of the buns was a 2 1/2 year old California type....which I am assuming she means this breed....

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15599&forum_id=18

And the other one is a 6 month old Holland Lop....

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15886&forum_id=18

Here was her post on my local freecycle.....

" One is a holland lop ear, the other is what looks like a California breed.

These have been my daughter's pets, one is only 6 mos, the other is
about 2 1/2 yo. Both females.

We have a lot of horses and she's gotten very involved with the horses
and she asked if I could help her find a good home for them."

I am thinking the "California" breed may be a rex or part of both asshe said in the email to me that it was a white rex with black tippedears. It might just be a real rex. I am unsure. She still hasn'temailed me back yet.

They have to go together as they are bonded. They don't HAVE to go with their outside hutch either, I doubt.

It would be nice to see these buns get spayed and live indoors and getpotty box trained. If I take them from her to "foster", then I willspay them and let them live inside and potty box train them. I don'tcare how long I will have to keep them to find the right home. I'lleven go as far as making the sure potential owners join this forum andread daily for a month about bunnies, then make sure they still wantthem.

Harsh, maybe.....but all it will take is a bit of a test for some people to realize they don't want bunnies.

I am so impatient:rollseyes, sorry. I am still waiting for a reply backfrom the lady with the buns, too:dunno. I hope she replies back, so Idon't have to worry and wonder about the buns.

A holland lop is what she really likes, so I'llsee if her hubby will ok the second bun as well! And I'll ask anotherfriend I have next chance I get. Let me know when you hear back fromthe lady!

Thanks! I will email the lady again today and see if I get a reply back!:)

I never got a reply back from the lady, how rude. I hope the buns found a good home:?.

I really hope they found a good home too. I am a bit upset that I never got a reply back though:(.

Latest posts

Back