Resolved: Sweetest Bonded Pair Need a Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry that I cannot help here in Wisconsin. I'm skimming threads and came across their pictures. They are so very adorable. I hope you can get them safely rehomed to a good bunny parent or parents ~ perhaps someone who'll stay in touch with you too!

Alternately, that a rescue with space will accept them. and do the very best screening so they find a wonderful home. My heart goes out to you and your babies.

Lots of love to your adorable pair,

Ya it's killing me too, cuz as it is I shouldn't have them anymore and I still do. And have no one who will help me out. Very frustrating. You couldn't get a better pair of bunnies!

I can't belive there are no takers for these two adorable bunnies :(Wish I wasn't so far away....

I am so sorry you have to give them up :hug:

I just can't stop thinking about them, they are so cute. Are they boy and girl? If they were both girls I could possibly bond them with my bunny bunch but I do not think my Clover would tolerate another male (he is neutered now but in the past he lived with other males and has scares from fights).

Hey!
Yes they are a boy and girl. They are both SOOOO laid back. They bonded within like an hour or two. Neither of them have ever been agressive! To eachother or anyone. They are the sweetest bunnies!! I have no issues with them at all. I just want them to have a wonderful home, they deserve it!

How old are they? I really should not be getting any more pets but if you were to give them to an animal shelter then let me know.
Have you tried posting on kijiji? I know it's not the best place and you would have to be very careful who you give them to but you might come across someone nice (I got Clover from an ad on kijiji). Have you tried to post at animal hospitals? some vet clinics have a board in the waiting room where you can post a note about pets needing homes. Also have you tried that bunny rescue? http://www.rabbitrescue.ca/
I really hope that you find them a good home. I know that you would not just throw them out but if you end up going to give them to an animal shelter, let me know and I might be able to take them (I would love to have them but I just have a lot of animals so right now it is not ideal for me to be getting more).

Wow, they are gorgeous, and their personalities to boot! Gosh, if we were closer,I might have had to figure something out here.

Come on Canadians!! Who can help out? Anyone?

I hope you can find them a home Crystal;).

Mika77 wrote:
How old are they? I really should not be getting any more pets but if you were to give them to an animal shelter then let me know.
Have you tried posting on kijiji? I know it's not the best place and you would have to be very careful who you give them to but you might come across someone nice (I got Clover from an ad on kijiji). Have you tried to post at animal hospitals? some vet clinics have a board in the waiting room where you can post a note about pets needing homes. Also have you tried that bunny rescue? http://www.rabbitrescue.ca/
I really hope that you find them a good home. I know that you would not just throw them out but if you end up going to give them to an animal shelter, let me know and I might be able to take them (I would love to have them but I just have a lot of animals so right now it is not ideal for me to be getting more).

Holly is about 4. Smokey is about 5.
I did a post on Kijiji and didn't get any responses, although I didn't like the idea of putting them on there. I probably wouldn't of given them up to anyone who contacted me on there, so I deleted the post.
I didn't try RabbitRescue. I figured they had their hands full with lots of other buns.

Thanks girls. I will have to give them to a shelter by the end of the month if I haven't found them a home. My daughter gets extremely ill if she is anywhere near them. I try to keep her away from their room, but their bedrooms are side by side..can't do anything about that. I only have 3 bedrooms.

So Please someone help :?

I haven't been able to stop thinking about your buns. They are so cute and sweet and I would love to adopt them in a heart beat, however I am worried about bonding a trio. I have the space for a trio and I could make due with two singles but if for some reason the bond was split between your two when trying to bond with Sabrina there is no way that I could handle 3 singles. I wish that I could help but I think that the risk is too great.

Good Luck and all the best, I really wish that I could help, I feel for you!

~*sAbRiNa*~ wrote:
I haven't been able to stop thinking about your buns. They are so cute and sweet and I would love to adopt them in a heart beat, however I am worried about bonding a trio. I have the space for a trio and I could make due with two singles but if for some reason the bond was split between your two when trying to bond with Sabrina there is no way that I could handle 3 singles. I wish that I could help but I think that the risk is too great.

Good Luck and all the best, I really wish that I could help, I feel for you!

My two would bond with any bun I would think. But thanks anyways.

Sabrina, I honestly don't think their bond would break. They are like they are glued together. Whenever I see them they are inseparable. I truly believe these two beauties would bond with any bunny. My goodness Holly has been bonded with two different bunnies with no problem. Trust me I was so jealous when Crystal told me how she put them together and they bonded.

I really hope someone can adopt these little beauties. Like I said before if I wasn't going through a divorce I would have taken them in a heart beat.

Susan

If there's anyway all three can be put together in somebody else's house or a rescue or something, that will probably tell the tale. Rabbits do like being in warrens. The more rabbits, the easier the bonding. Maybe if all three are taken to a rescue with the three adjacent to a pen with lots of other bunnies, they'll all get along. How close are you to each other?

sas :clover:

Hi Sabrina. I think it would be wonderful if you could adopt these two. I do not think the bonding would be as bad as you think. I just bonded a new bunny to my bonded pair and all is well and now I have a happy trio. With my it took about three weeks to bond them. Even if they would not bond with Sabrina, which I think they will if given the time, i think it is very unlikely that they would become un-bonded with each other. However if that is your only concern, i would be willing to take one of them if you ended up with three bunnies that hate each other (I live in Windsor, so not too far). I just really want these two to go to a good home and i think your bunny would be happy with new friends. Let me know what you think.

I really don't see my two breaking their bond. They are stuck together like glue, like Susan said. Holly was bonded with Smokey's brother Bandit before him. (I lost him April 2008 :( ) And they bonded instantly when I put them together. They're very easy going!

I also do not think that their bond would break and I am sure that everything would be fine (I have also bonded different bunnies together and all was well). But I just thought that if she is worried that this might happen then it would help if she knew that she would not be stuck with three separate bunnies. And if by some chance that did happen, even though I totally do not think that it will, then i will take one. I really hope that she will adopt them and i think that they will be very cute with Sabrina.
I mentioned the bunnies again to my husband but he does not sound very enthusiastic about it. He thinks that they are adorable and all that but he also feels that we have all the animals we can handle. But I think with all the people here we should be able to find someone to take them. If you need help with transport we might be able to help although can't go in the US because we have no passports.

Mika77 wrote:
I also do not think that their bond would break and I am sure that everything would be fine (I have also bonded different bunnies together and all was well).  But I just thought that if she is worried that this might happen then it would help if she knew that she would not be stuck with three separate bunnies.  And if by some chance that did happen, even though I totally do not think that it will, then i will take one.  I really hope that she will adopt them and i think that they will be very cute with Sabrina. 
I mentioned the bunnies again to my husband but he does not sound very enthusiastic about it.  He thinks that they are adorable and all that but he also feels that we have all the animals we can handle.  But I think with all the people here we should be able to find someone to take them.  If you need help with transport we might be able to help although can't go in the US because we have no passports. 

Thanks a million!! It's atleast a peace of mind if something were to happen and they became 2 'singles'! Appreciate the help!! I really want my babies to have a loving home. That's why I turned to the forum. I really hope someone can help soon.

Like I've said, I will supply everything they will need in the beginning, I will make sure they have a big bag of food and hay (they are currently on) and all their NIC stuff and everything they love and need!

I don't want rid of them because I dont love them. I love these two very much!!!

I have sent a PM to Crystalballl

I will need to talk to my parents (I stay with them during school breaks) and my bunsitters before I can make any final decisions.

The reason why I am so concerned about bonds going sour is because it happened to a friend of mine after over a year of the buns being together they all turned on each other (they were all spayed/neutered) and I would not want to go through what she had to and sell two of them.

Back