*RESOLVED* Rescue: Lansing, Illinois

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
I have had a woman contact me about a rabbit her neighbor apparently got tired of and released outdoors. This lady managed to catch the rabbit, Bambi, and is keeping it in her garage at the moment. However, she has two large dogs she is having to protect it from, adn cannot afford another pet right now. She is desparately trying to find a home for the rabbit before the weather gets cold. She thinks that Bambi is about 3-4 years old, but is unsure about gender. I am assuming it isn't fixed, if the owner was caring enough to discard it liked a used newspaper. :grumpy:I hope to have a pic to post tomorow evening, if teh lady sends me one. If anyone is near that area, whether a rescue or a potential home, please post or pm me. I wish I could jsut take the rabbit, but I am crammed right now and she is three hours from me besides.

Yea they contacted us all the way out here. :?I am so upset about this. She is trying her best to do well by the bun.

I do feel really bad for her, that crappy neighbor really dropped a problem on her, and she didn't have to take the rabbit, she was just being nice. I just don't know how I would fit another one in here. :(

Poor bunny

Chicago is euthanizing lbunnies eft and right. We're taking 5 out of there this weekend. Shes going to be hard up to find anyone to take him.

Maybe suggest she try posting at her local vets, petfinder.com classified etc?

Ok, I emailed her back telling her not to try the HRS, that was one of the places I had suggested.

No, I would try the HRS, red door etc. Try places that are more no-kill!

Just ask her to try her best not to take it to ACS or Dupage or any of the kill shelters.

I doubt the HRS will take him, but at least try, theyre no kill

I got an email from her saying she has found her (she said she looked, and it's a doe) a home. I asked where she is going, we'll see if she replies. Anyway, hopefully a good ending to this story.

I do hope the unwanted girl found a good home. She was a gem to put on her angel wings!

Yeah.. I kinda cringed over her reply, she said that a cousin wants her for her daughter. I have no idea how old the daughter is, of course, could be twelve or thirteen for all I know. I am going to reply to her, just thinking how to word it diplomatically. :?

Latest posts

Back