(RESOLVED) RESCUE: eight babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I can't do anything until next week--I'm on vacation. But then I might be able to do some transport.

Just wanted to confirm that both ACS and South Suburbanare very easy to work with regarding pulling endangered rabbits so getting them out shouldnt be a problem if they have a place to go..

As of Tuesday, I will have a space available. Let me know if it is needed.

I guess it would be hard to get rabbits into Canada hey? Or what are the guidelines/rules? I know that there are several rabbits in my own city that need rescuing but I have asked the Humane Society and they say that rabbits go fast and they very very rarely euthanize rabbits. Don't know how true that is though. They said that they have a large area for rabbits and they just stay there until adoption.

Shannon

I'm glad your shelter hasn't the need to euthanize, ilovetoeatchocolate.
Please PM for updates on this situation or I'll hop on again with update in a week.

Your support and vibes are really really appreciated. Everybody on here!!

Keep your fingers crossed for one transport run to occur ~

The transport run is covered for one. Thanx, naturestee & tonyshuman, for offering your driving expertise on this thread... another time may come up shortly.

Anyone have a foster spot for 1 more? Everything loose is crossed, bluefrog.

- Comprehending that SRR has the support from RO members with regards to saving 1 or 2 more, means a brand new life of binkies to those who'll transition in.

All you guys put wind in our sails when so many are in need. {{ RO }}

TreasuredFriend, have you tried speaking to Catnap directly? If not, email me privately and we'll go from there.

Mark this one RESOLVED with the best possible news: ALL the babies are safe, thanks to SRR and Catnap!!!

The little brown and white girlie is coming with me (not kidding)! We've got her foster cage raring to go, and most of her supplies are in place. TreasuredFriend and I are going to go pick her up on Wednesday! Woohoo! I'll post pictures once I can get them on here! :D BTW; we've named her "Baraboo White" or "Berry-Boo" (my boyfriend calls her "Boo-Boo"). Hooray! ^_^

kherrmann3 wrote:
The little brown and white girlie is coming with me (not kidding)! We've got her foster cage raring to go, and most of her supplies are in place. TreasuredFriend and I are going to go pick her up on Wednesday! Woohoo! I'll post pictures once I can get them on here! :D BTW; we've named her "Baraboo White" or "Berry-Boo" (my boyfriend calls her "Boo-Boo"). Hooray! ^_^

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks of "Bunny Foster Parents." Sounds like your boyfriend is just as excited as you are. I do hope all goes well with your new foster baby. (Could she also be a potential partner for Tobias?)

myheart

We are somewhat hoping that she will be! Toby hasn't seen another domestic rabbit since I bought him at six weeks old (before I knew that he was a little too young to be away from his mom). He's beaten the ever-living tar out of my mom's west highland terrier, Brody (AKA "Boogers"). In Toby's defense, Boogers did run up to him with an eager puppy-nose and was a little too friendly. Toby swatted him on the nose and Boogs doesn't like to be around Toby much when he visits. Toby has seen wild rabbits (when I lived at my parent's house). He would pull at his leash/harness to go towards them, but alas, h only had a six-foot leash and could never reach them. Toby started grooming me, too, so I am taking this as a sign that he might want a friend. We've already told TreasuredFriend that we would like to keep her if she's a well-behaved bun. If she passes our tests, we'll pass her on to Toby. If Toby likes her and they get along, we will most likely be keeping her. If they don't, we will keep looking throughother foster-buns. We also told TreasuredFriend that we will probably continue housing foster buns (as long as space, and our room-mate, allows)!

Sounds like Toby might want a friend! But since he's been mean to the doggie, it's smart to foster first--that way you get a lot of time to figure out if it's going to work, instead of the typical one or two dates that a shelter can do. And if it doesn't work out, Toby gets more exposure to other bunnies since he hasn't seen them in a while!

We got her! :) She's adorable and a snuggle-bun! We think she's a mixed breed, though, because she has the English Spot coat pattern, but her fur is more like a Rex coat. She even has the thick/curly whiskers (they're pretty short, as far as whiskers go). Her ears are HUGE! They probably pick-up FM....

Pictures soon! I promise! (they'll probably be in Toby's blog!)

I have pictures! For those of you who haven't seen them, they are in my updated blog. The new pictures are in my "Blog for the Bun-Buns!" thread. This is the link = http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=39379&forum_id=6

Sample cuteness! =^_^=

moz-screenshot.jpg

I met mom and the other seven babies today at Catnap. OMG, the cuteness! I was dying. No one possesses ears quite as FM-capable as Berry Boo's, but they're close. Mom really tugged at me. Black with high white socks extending up onto her shoulders & body, and lots of roaning up from there. No idea what she is breed-wise. Shaped similarly to a rex although the head's not quite right, and has a soft but not rexy coat.

All black baby looks just like velvet. I'm a sucker for blues - not that anyone could tell by my avatar - and blue boy just stunning. Multiple spotted babies competing to give me kisses, with one in particular winning out.

I've seen an overwhelming number of rexes and mixes since helping at AWL but these are extra pretty and oh, so sweet. ACS did a terrific job handling and socializing them. They're very well worth checking out. Oh, the temptation!

Latest posts

Back