(RESOLVED) RESCUE: eight babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
Soulmate Rabbit Rescue was contacted WRT eight 4 1/2 week old babies.

!!!! !!!!

Please PM for a picture of babies if you'd consider permanent adoption or foster.

Time is crucial. tf

What breed are they? My bf has been looking for a big bunny... pref female.

Geeze, theyre at ACS which is pretty high kill and mostly a dog/cat place. I know Midwest is really full right now. I'll start asking around...

Thanks Haley. ACS is euthanizing every newrabbit that comes in the doors.

Cages are maxed out.

These babes will be in danger very shortly. 3 males, 5 females at this early gender call. Yah, what happens when they need to separate sexes when cages are jammed packed already? All ACS rabbits have basically one chance of surviving; (if a rescue is able to accept& pull to safety?). Even RESCUES are packed full.

English spots of tan & white and black & white, one charcoal gray, one all black. ACS employee was just handling them, ... did I say adorable? Have photos.

Please do ask around. Meanwhile, all new surrenders are getting terminated.

tonyshuman: please suggest to your bf to look at the nearby shelters for a big gal snugglefriend. The beautiful lady that BlueFrog wrote about, Daisy at High-Kill Place too, would be up for anyone to give her a great home!

Thanks for caring,

Julie, maybe you could try calling the Sheboygan HS? I wonder if they'd be able to take in a baby bun or two. I haven't been in for a long time so I don't know how they're doing re: rabbits, although I did see several baby lionheads listed on Petfinder. I know we can't save every rabbit but I hate to think of such young lives being wasted.

I'm trying to decide if I'm up for fostering. Loki just had his recheck and his teeth are ok but will probably need grinding at the next 6 week recheck... decisions.:?

Luckily, it looks like Daisy got a home! My bf is a daily cruiser of petfinder and craigslist, and we have our eye on one big lady at a nearby shelter, but we're not moving on that front yet since Ben is still healing from his neuter and we're not moving to a bigger place until the end of the month. If it were an urgent situation, I'm sure we could do something, but other than that, we're kinda waiting it out a few months... So, to recap, he wants to get a bigger lady friend for his bunny one day, but unless it's urgent, we're waiting for a little bit...

Wishing you luck with these 8!:)

Well, I'm going to be fostering but not these babies, unfortunately for them. My hubby just emailed me (I'm at work)- the Sheboygan shelter has a rabbit that just gave birth and theyleft a messageto see if I can foster the the mom and babies. I can't resist and I don't know who else would be able to anyway.

I really hope someone can foster or adopt these young'uns. I hate to think they'd be put down at such a young age.

I just wanted to remind people that I'm always willing to help those in need, but would in return need transport help.

I'm in Missouri and can meet approx 45 minutes west of St Louis...

I've been in the cave and not responding much to this initial shout for help. Sorry to be away. golfdiva and Leaf, I'll follow-up on status asap. Hooray for a possibleopening to transition to and feel a person's TLC.

Angela; those babes are fortunate you're there to help out. Claire, a lucky rabbit from rescue petfinder or needing a home will be "waiting."

RIP: SRR sanctuary white dwarfette rex Millie 7/2/08.

If anyone in the Soulmate Rabbit Rescue area - or in Missouri, MI, IL - :call this a weak smile emoticon: is looking for a new furry friend, their lives will be spared a termination injection at shelter.

EDITED Aug.08. The situation spoken about briefly, regarding several adult rabbits, has been resolved.

Lots of innocent gentle house bunnies. Scrambling to provide help so no more are destroyed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

golfdiva, want to foster a few? Would there be transport means?

we're Maxed out with Kate Poofy Underpants (in our list care with a superb foster mom already), and Fuzzywig in Milwaukee and all in our home. I sure am grateful if you and Leaf would know of friends who know friends, etc. Trying to keep them closeby for adoption and fostering, yet traveling will provide them a chance to SURVIVE (sigh).

I prefer closeby b/c our disabled sweetheart Karla needs extra special focus at this time.

I've seen sweet Fuzzywig and Kate! What cuties! Anyway, I couldn't foster or take any right now really, we're moving in a few weeks to a new BIGGER apt! I can help transport--anywhere in a ~2hr radius is my limit.

Ack, doesn't WI HRS have morepeople than SRR? Then again, their adoptions must be super slow cause I know the Sheboygan shelter usuallydoesn't even bother trying to contact them any more, and that was before they even heard of SRR.:?

It would be awesome if someone here could adopt or foster some of these buns. Come on, bonded speutered house buns? They're ready to go! Seems like WI is just full of rabbits lately.

I obviously can't take any morefosters but I'm always up for transport. If necessary, I wouldn't mind running down to Waukesha to pick up the buns and then driving another hour or two from there. And I'd rather not takeany of your time away from Karla, you know?

RIP Millie, such a little darling.:pink iris:

Julie, Im so sorry to hear about Millie. Rest in peace little one.

I emailed Karen asking what the status was with these babies. Im sure Midwest is too full to take any. I emailed Great Lakes Sanctuary and theyre full as well. :(

Im sure we could get them from Chicago to Golfdiva if she was interested, but I cant find any rescues willing to commit to them (so who would she be fostering through? ACS doesnt do foster homes as far as I know and they would be unaltered bunnies).

I really wish there were more rabbitrescues in the Chicago area. Theres such a need in that area.

Tis the season. We are overrun here in Florida too. In just the last few weeks we have pulled 9 adults and 7 newborns from the shelter to save their lives. Gainesville, the rescue I am affiliated with, is bursting at the seams. I'm told things start slowing down in August.:pray:

I hope some foster homes open up for you.

Angela, neither have been answering emails or returning calls from Chicago ACS and South Suburban from what I gather. Thats why Midwest has taken so many in the past year. Its really depressing.

Latest posts

Back