RESOLVED: New Mom Marilyn to be killed tomorrow - SF Bay Area, Ca

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osprey

Reaction score
Marilyn_010608.jpg

This is an appeal from The Rabbit Haven of Scotts Valley, California

Very young bunny mother needs rescue. She must be out by Monday 1-7! Call The Rabbit Haven ASAP at (831)239-7119 or email at [email protected] if you can help her.

This sweet and playful, 2 pound young bunny is now on the euthanasia list and we need to get her and her family to safety tomorrow. Marilyn came in to the overfull shelter in the South Bay and surprised everyone by having four tiny babies Friday! This shelter will not keep litters. Marilyn is loving her kits and is very protective. We want to help her and her children survive. The shelter is not a safe place for her. Can anyone out there foster her for a few weeks (minimum 7 weeks to 2.5 months)? The babies need to come back to us at 8 weeks of age. We can provide a pen for you, crocks, litter box, training and set up help. You provide the love and support and get to participate in saving one tiny bunny family from extinction. If you have ever wanted to help a tiny bunny family now is your chance. Call or email us right away please.

AVA/The Haven is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

Oh no!!

Is there any way someone in the area could take them in?

Oh god.

this is nauseating. is rosie located close to this family of bunnies? there's gotta be someone to foster her on this forum at least until her kits get big enough to sustain their own lives. this is just ridiculous.

tracy

darn! I'm a world away. PLEASE someone in the area take them for a few weeks. If anyone knows or has family in the area, please call them and see if they can help. PLEASE don't let this beautiful family be killed. OMG the mother loves them and is taking good care of them? How heartless to see them killed. OMG PLEASE someone.

It's getting so hard to read these pleas. And the Rainbow Bridge stories. It's heartbreaking. The little mommie needs help. PLEASE anyone. I'm bawling here.

Osprey can't you take them for a few days until someone else is found? I'm getting anxious here. Today is the 7th. Are they still OK?

I am trying to get a hold of Heather this morning. My wife, the kids and I talked about it this morning, and we'd like a chance to help raise this little family, so I am going to see if I can foster her for a few months.

I hope there is still time to get her.

osprey wrote:
I am trying to get a hold of Heather this morning. My wife, the kids and I talked about it this morning, and we'd like a chance to help raise this little family, so I am going to see if I can foster her for a few months.

I hope there is still time to get her.

I really hope this works out! I was talking to Heather earlier this morning and now I could kick myself for not seeing this thread earlier. :?

ETA:

I know Save A Bunny rescue has a foster spot opening pretty soon since two rabbits are adopted (but pending transport) - maybe that would be an option to mention.

Ohhhh, I really hope Marilyn and her babies are okay! I'm sure Osprey will let us know ASAP when she gets news... I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting!

Gah, this is too stressful. Auntie Heather got in touch with the bunny advocate at the shelter, and the little family is still alive.

Now to arrange transport....

BTW, Osprey is a he :)

Correction! Osprey is a wonderful He!

I'm so happy you and your family will be taking them!

Lots of baby pictures please! and mama pictures!

osprey wrote:
Gah, this is too stressful. Auntie Heather got in touch with the bunny advocate at the shelter, and the little family is still alive.

Now to arrange transport....

BTW, Osprey is a he :)

Your getting them? You rock!

Yay! Bless you and your family for doing this.

Have you guys ever had babies before? (Baby bunnies, that is ;)). You'll have to take lots of pictures so we can watch them grow up!

YOU ARE MY HERO!

I was talking about this thread to my boyfriend, and his heart broke. Especially since the mother looks almost like his Savannah.

Thank you sooo much for saving this family! You really have no idea how relieved I am.

Latest posts

Back