RESOLVED: Columbus, OH - Union, MO

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzaroosky

Reaction score
Hello guys! Just trying to organize this....the other thread is so long, it's getting cluttered. So lets use this strictly for organizing the train to MO.

We're really hoping we can transport 3 of the New Zealand bunnies from Columbus to Union, MO this weekend. So far what we have is this (I changed a couple things from the list in the other thread, trying to put it together):

Columbus, OH to Dayton, OH area
FILLED by Jazzaroosky (Jessica)

Dayton, OH to Indianapolis, IN area
(117mi......1hr, 55 min)
FILLED by Jazzaroosky OR StargazerLily (please PM me to let me know if you will be able to help)

Indianapolis area to Plainfield, IN (overnight)
FILLED by Bo B Bunny

Plainfield, IN to Terre Haute, IN
(66.1mi.....1hr, 5min)
NEEDED

Terre Haute, IN to Effingham, IL
(70.2mi.....1hr, 13min)
NEEDED

Effingham, IL to St. Louis, MO
(102mi....1hr, 44min)
NEEDED

St Louis, MO to Union, MO
(50.5mi.....55 minutes)
NEEDED

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP. If you can make one of the legs that are read as "pending," please speak up! As I said, we're hoping to do this THIS WEEKEND!!!

You should be getting an email from Teresa pretty soon about the St Louis to Union leg. I'm still looking for my cell phone so I can call her, but I think she'll be able to help out.

I'm going to do what I can. The van is just being too icky to trust far. It is running but missing out a bit and all that. So..... I have messaged my places I can go and that I wish so much I had reliable transportation cause I'd bring them to your door Leaf! Then I could kiss Genelle before I left! LOL!

Ok, aparrantly this guys hauls animals and he is in OHIO - Maybe the rabbits could hitch a ride?!

http://hmffarm.com/

Click on DELIVERY OPTIONS

If this is the case and the cost isn't monumental I can offer to take in temorarily the unclaimed bunnies until I can find them homes.

I found the site while searching for grooming info for Angoras since I have three and Patrick has one.

Anyhow, it's on a Missouri persons website, and they are within travelling distance of Union, Mo so they probably drive right through this area when going to the breeder.

I havent contacted him but hope someon local to the area where the rabbits are can.

ETA:

Ok, I looked up Rosebud, Mo where the website owner is and if necessary and the transport service they use (based in Ohio)is willing to help on this rescue run I would be happy to meethim in Rosebud itself.

Did you click on delivery options?

Option #3

Russell Edgar does professional small livestock hauling and travels all over the country. I know Russ from sheep shearing school and he is a nice guy who knows his sheep and goats! He has the equipment to haul your animals safely to their destination. Check out his website at http://www.edgarsheepandgoats.com/transportation.html

Lynne and Russ Edgar
13306 Granny Creek Road
Fredericktown Ohio 43019
740-485-0195 (Russ)
740-485-1495 (Lynne)

Lynne and Russ Edgar [email protected]

edgarsheepandgoats.com

*personal info I posted is publically available on the website, no privacy was breeched

Maybe advertise on CraigsList, check with community boards, etc? (Just going to have to screen any responseswell).

And you don't have to limit it to the route as is, maybe if you advertise wide enough you'll find a student leaving from Purdue, orwhatever.

And/or check truckers from Terra Haute?

Can we round up a few bucks for gas and/or a trucker fee? (not sure where the donations sit).

sas

EDIT: Just saw the trucker above, that would be awesome.

Edgar's Sheep and Goats sounds like it could be a little pricey...I don't have the money to pay for it Saturday. BUT, I will sent them an e-mail to at least see.

If we are unable to fill the 3 hours from Terre Haute to St. Louis, I'm afraid I will have to cancel the transport and bring these rabbits to the humane society. Which I do not want to do at all.....but what else can be done... :(

Bo, can you keep them an extra night or two? I imagine the Union/SL run is flexible seeing it's short?

How many are there again?

Really think that an ad on Craigslistandother places like that will help, and I'm working on my Indiana buddies.

I'mjust not sure what's already been done (EDIT:eek:utside rabbit circles), really in a time crunch here, no time to read through this (EDIT: more carefully) now.

I'll check back in a bit.

sas

PS: If there's anything left in the 'fix the forum fund' (and there probably will be), I'm sure it can go to a bribe (gas money, reduced courier payment, whatever) for that leg.Count on $20, anyway.

Not sure where the finances there or here stand yet. Is there already a big shortfall?

sas

I have emailed everyone and every group I can think of and I havent had any luck.

We ran into this when we were trying to move Winston and Vega. We couldnt find any help out that way. :(

Have you tried any cat or dog rescue groups? Any breeders?

I'm working on it now, just making sure I don't duplicate anybody's efforts. I've put Craigslist ads in the Indy section, will look at the other areas as well.

Do they have to go to SL or Union?

sas

I heard back from the livestock shipping place here in Ohio....he said he is headed to PA this weekend and is unable to help.

I'm currently finding breeders who are near where there are still drivers needed and e-mailing them, pleading for help....

I have e-mailed rescue groups, dog, cat, rabbit groups.... I've done just about everything.

It's ONLY a 3 hour drive. I'd do that in a heartbeat....I wish there was someone who could/would....:?

As of right now, no. :( I just e-mailed several breeders in the Terre Haute area and some who are within 1-2 hours of there in Illinois. Hopefully I'll hear from someone....

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Do we have ANY bites on Terre Haute to Union?

I doni't think there's going to be a problem, just a few bumps, likethere always are. ;) I have faith in CraigsList, I've posted in three categories (ride share, volunteer and pets) in three areas (Indianpolis, Terre Haute and St. Louis).

I'm also asking for temp fostering anywhere along the route to buy more time. (I'm guaranteeing everybody they have homes in Union, they won't get stuck with four New Zealands! :D

I think that should be are-focus at this stage -- try and find somebody who can take them a few days somewhere along the route (Indianapolis would be nice). They are outdoor rabbits,not surrendered house bunnies, they can hang out in somebody's spare hutch (or breeder cages) for a few more days.

That way we can keep looking for volunteers, but also go after some kind-hearted truckers.

And if we have to pay, we pay. I guess we just won't fix the forum this month.:)

sas :bunnydance:

Ahhhh thank you guys for helping.

Hopefully B Bo Bunny will be able to keep them overnight Saturday and that will buy us some more time. The only problem is this running into next week.....most people work and are unable to spare the time for transport, unlike the weekends.

Fingers crossed that we start hearing from some people!!!

I'm still hoping something works out. I won't be free enough to travel further for two weeks, depending on work rotation, and unfortunantly we had a coworker go on leave.

I'm going to continue to call people I know in hope someone can step in. This is so frustrating!

Latest posts

Back