RESOLVED: Cami spay... she is not her self, low temp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jupiterannette

Reaction score
Ok so i need help!

Cami got spayed today... now she is on a heating pad sleeping

camis temp was 96 when they brought her out of surgery and now it is 99 she is on heat and wraped up, she wont let me leave for more thena few sec.

she is limp and grogey, she was in op at 10-1030 am, it is now 6......

she got baytril and metacam before she left, but she is just laying there, they said to take her temp every hour or two depending on her activity..

and get her to eat, they gave me the stuff to mix with water and feed..... i forget what its called, critical care...how long can she go without eating, she hasnt eaten since i droped her of at 9....

also buprenex? they gave it to her there?

Make sure you get water/unflavored Pedialyte down her. Did you get any pain meds to bring home with you, or did they jsut give it to her at the vet's? If you didn't get any, you should go back and get some asap in the morning. YOu could also try syringe feeding canned pumpkin, typically they like the taste so much that you only need to use a syringe the first time or two, then they will take it from a spoon or small bowl.

her temp is now 101.2 F !!!

she wont stay on the heat pad, and she is hopping around checking out her room...

there are treats and hay every where, and she is sniffing and hopping now.. i think she wanted to be home
if she doesnt eat inthe next hour im gonna give her some pumpkin ro baby carrots...

Yup the normal temp for a bunny is 101 so its good shes back up. I wouldnt worry about it too much. Rabbits tend to pick up on our stress and that can stress them out.

Girls are usually very lethargic for about the first 24 hours after surgery. Ive had some not even really move until the next day. So if shes up and moving thats great.

Most girls wont touch food until the next morning so dont worry if she doesnt eat tonight, but definitely at least try to entice her with hay and veggies.

Youre a good bunny mom, Im sure everything will turn out ok ;)

Haley wrote:

Girls are usually very lethargic for about the first 24 hours after surgery. Ive had some not even really move until the next day. So if shes up and moving thats great.

Amen to that! After I had my c-section, I din't want to get up and walk for like two days, it HURT! So I can understand. :biggrin2:

You made me feel better....getting buprenex. Many vets will only send home metacam. I'm sure it makes her feel better. Just curious...how much does she weigh? And wondering about the metacam....is she getting .8cc or .08cc?

Randy

she weights about 15 lbs ( correction 12lbs 11oz).(it is hard to weigh her on the scale with ya!).. so .8 cc is bout right! LOL

she is drinking alittle now, if we put it to her mouth she takes it!

im gonna try to get some rest, sh eis sleeping wiht momma tonight!

Cami is doing GREAT this morning, thank you all for your support, i was sooo scared.

she slepet witht he heating pad and this morning was hoping around the bed room, and munchinig on pellets, greens and hey!!!!

her poo is a tad dark, but im sure that is expected.

she is peeing and pooing and her temp is 101.6!!!

now i have to keep ehr calm so she doesnt bust a stitch! :)

cami says thank you!

I'm glad she's doing well! Keep us posted :)

Cami is doing really well today, no pain meds and she is doing fine, she seems more chipper with out the sedation of the meds.

im trying to keep ehr calm she wants to bounce off the walls, she has more engery now then before! LOL

no grinding of the teeth or any other worrisom signs, the vet called today ,and we talked about her behavior and poos being a bit dark, and she said it was all jsut fine.

so i think we are in the clear and she is a happy bun...

I'm going to go ahead and put "resolved" on this thread so folks will know right off she's ok.

I'm glad to hear she's doing so much better..

Peg

Im so happy to hear shes doing well! Spays can be scary but very necessary.

Give her lots of kisses from me!

-Haley

Latest posts

Back