RESOLVED: Another bout of stasis: This time its Tiny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Tiny has been grumpy lately and hopping sort of funny. He also hasn't been eating as much. He's been chewing on the carpet a lot too although today he was willing to settle for a catalog.

Tonight he was laying a ways from me and I noticed a raw patch and what looked like a white spot (infection) on his back end. Robin carried him into the bedroom for me so we could flip him and look at him on the bed. I put bag balm on it and took photos to send to a friend.

But while he was there - he did some poops....and they were very small - almost the size of lionhead poops - not flemish giant size poops.

I had noticed he and Miss Bea weren't eating as much but I figured it was the cooler weather, etc. Now I wonder just how much he IS eating.

He did eat about 1/2 of a banana after 1 1/2 carrots (he had to chew on something while we were looking at him).

So while he isn't "desperately" bad....I'm not happy at all. I'm going to add some apple electrolyte flavoring to his water and work with him on getting him to eat more. I gave him some pain killers at the same time that I treated his rear (I mainly put bag balm on it till I can get an opinion on it).

Please send good thoughts my big guy's way......he's only 3 years old and he's been mostly healthy.

Peg

Vibes being sent from us, Peg! Come on, Tinybutt:biggrin2:. Drink that yummy water and eat your hay sweetie. I wish I could give you a big flemmy-hug too.

Good Luck with him, Peg. Keep us posted.

I probably should say it is more of a GI slowdown than actual stasis - but I'm sure stasis isn't far behind if I'm not careful.

Well - he hasn't been eating as much and I realized he's been giving really really HUGE cecals (I think its cause he knocked over the food bucket the other day and ate about 1/2 cup of fruit loops before I could stop him) - I'd added them into the feed so everyone would get 2-3 fruit loops each as a treat.

Anyway - now that I've posted - he went ahead and made sure to poop practically under my feet - about a dozen nice LARGE poops. So I guess he is ok - maybe he gave off the small poops 'cause he was upset at me - I don't know.

But I am glad to see his big old poops....and I set him up with more fresh hay and stuff and he's been nibbling on it while eyeing me as if to say, "What is she up to??"

Peg

"hmm, I'm bored, what to do, what to do........... I KNOW!!!I'll mess with Mama and make her think I'm sick!!!"

Sound about right? Bo does it all the time! I swear!

Sometimes I think Tiny talks to Yofi and finds out how to get into things like Fruit Loops!!! :p

I can just see that boy chowing down on those - tell him it's TRIX that he's supposed to steal!

Back