RESCUES: BEFORE and AFTER PHOTOS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
This was originally posted by MiaP:

I just rec'd this amazing photo from our shelter rescue coordinator. Some of you may remember Rory, the bald and starving rabbit who arrived at PAWS a couple of months ago:

Redbunny.jpg

Well, now he is named Hopkins and here he is:

Hopkinschillin.jpg

That photo made my day--and I am having a very crummy day, so that is saying something!

This is Dill, rescuedby Aurora369 from a stark rusty cage in a dank unheated shed in rural BC and now very happily ensconsed at my place. :)

dillcage1.jpg

HappyDill.jpg

sas :hearts

Wow, those before and afters are so heartwarming! Thank goodness those poor buns were saved in time. Photos like that really inspire you to go out and adopt a rescue bunny! They made my day too.

Awww Sas, those pics have made my day!

I wish I had before and after pics of Spank and Muffy.

Spank was covered in cuts, blood, and fleas. Muffy was so thin and covered in urine burns.

Spank grew up to be puffy (I call him my gray marshmellow!), and one healthy little boy.

I took care of Muffy's urine scars and all her fur grew back. And gained some weight back - she would not go past 4 pounds.. but still, when she walked, you would notice that big big tummy =P

Unfortunately I didnt get too many pics of Tumnus the days following his capture/rescue but heres one:

ca33adf1.jpg

He was pretty scraggly, he was covered in ticks and you could see his spine. He had some fur on his chest, but as you can see he had no mane on his head.

Heres him now in all his lionhead Glory:

Bunnies577-1.jpg

Fey and Sprite before: The cage they came with, after several hours (!) of cleaning it, plus addition of, well, everything in the cage.

100_0670a.jpg

Fey, boney but with "pot belly" from malnutrition.
Fey_belly.jpg

Fey.jpg

Example of their monster-sized poops (nearly size of their eyes) due to sensitivity to their improper diet.
100_0672a.jpg

Sprite:
Sprite.jpg

After:
8121.jpg

100_1662a.jpg

RIP, Sprite.:(

OMG! those photos are wonderful TreasuredFriend!!!! I'm smiling from ear to ear!

All the pictures are great!

When I get down, I can look at the pictures of Rory when MiaP posted them and I seriously feel better! That big baby laying there with his tummy showing and happy as a little clam........ it just makes my day!

Now I have a whole thread of those photos.....

and knowing that someone gave those rabbits that chance is just the best! It renews my faith in people.

One day when I have a yard I can see myself considering rescuing rabbits just because I can see how much rabbits need people like us with knowledge, support and TLC. Rory (Hopkins now) really has improved!! Wow!

I was extremely touched by the looksof poorHope and Rory when MiaP presented their story and photosto the forum about a month ago. When Rory was adopted, I couldn't follow his progress any more, so I'mvery-veryglad to see that he's turned into a completely different,handsome and happy, bunny. Well done, MiaP! Wish I could also see how Hope is today.

All the other before and after photos are such an optimistic sight, a big inspiration and a serious initiative to whoever is thinking of adopting a bunny. I'd love to see more such photos from members who have adopted their lucky buns.

Marietta

It breaks my heart to think about it, but here is my poor little Deanna, on death row at a shelter, two abcessed eyes, skinny, in pain and unloved:

deanna_before2.jpg

And here is my little princess now. She lost one of the infected eyes, but she is the cuddliest little thing now. We think that she had such a rough start to life, she really appreciates her new life style:

Deanna_102306.jpg

Oh my gosh!!! What wonderful stories!! They all warmed my heart so much! :inlove:

I don't have pictures of when I first got Max, but the cage he came with was so small he had no room to move except to jump in and out of his litter box, it was only about 2 1/2ft by 2 1/2ft with a litter pan crammed in too which he lived in for a year! Now he is a very happy bunny with his very own room.. :)

This is such a wonderful thread. HOnestly it warms my heart - I keep looking at how scraggly and sick some of them were, and thinking how the others could have ended up that way. Then I think of each of the ones I know from your speaking about them here...... and I am just so happy for these little creatures! They are lucky to have gotten a second chance but we are blessed for being the ones to have them in our lives!

I don't have any before pics, but I've just adopted a bunny (i've been calling her Muffin) that was rescued from a neglect situation. She and a boy were bought to be bred in a garage (backyard breeder-style), they were left unfed for some time, and eventually the owner was asked to surrender them to the Humane Society of Dane County, which she did. She had a baby with her when she came in and the rescue spayed her and got her back to normal weight! Now she lives with me, and although she's still adjusting to her new home, I think she'll be very happy here with me and her boyfriend Tony!

Picture08021.jpg

Phinnsmommy: Love that purple fleece in their purple room! woo hoo! Spoiled kids to have that great space area. Such a neat mugshot of Cleo.

Bunnys_rule: That's a Castle, not a pen for Ben!! Fabulous cottage. Lucky man.

Tumnus and Dill, wanna snuggle you both ...

Osprey, Camille and every bun that comes to rabbithaven is watched via their website. What lucky survivors ~ together w/all that Auntie Heather continually does to help.

mr. and mrs. stee's kids are spoiled, and have one of the best digs and homes in the world ... all that room to binky.

Wash, Deanna, Raspberry82, f_j, pixiestixx, marietta -- smiles at all you've said and contributed.

... Please keep the stories and photos comin'.

Darfi: You'll make a great rescue mom one day!

Wow, Muffin. Yous a sweetie. Congrats, tonyshuman, on adding to your family.

May kindness multiply!!!!!

Back