Rescued some buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bri13194

Reaction score
Okay so if anyone remembers, I lost my rabbit a few weeks ago to head tilt. Her name was True. I didn't really want to get another rabbit so soon, but I wanted my rabbit Trouble to have a friend. So I just decided to look online one day and I stumbled across a rabbit at my local shelter. So I went down there and that rabbit had been adopted, but they had two babies they just got the day before. They are both strays. I sat there for a good 10 minutes trying to decide on which one I should adopt. I couldn't decide so I picked both. That was Wednesday. They told me their vet still needs to look at them and they need to be spayed and will be ready Friday. Well they called me yesterday and said that the vet has decided they are still too young (they are approximately 4 months old) and that I can take them now. So I just picked them up today. They are both girls (I sexed them myself, so I hope I am right).

I am not sure what breed they are so I want to post some pics and see what you guys think. I am almost positive they have some cottontail in them maybe even %100 cottontail buns. I don't know if someone took them in as babies and tried to release them or something. Not sure if they were wild rabbits from the start, but to me they are really tame. They get startled, but that to me is normal for small animals. I have them separated from Trouble because I am quarantining them to make sure they are in no way ill. I get a free check up at my vet that I will be using in the next couple days. Based on what she tells me I will make the appointment to have them spayed. Okay well that's it. I am now going to try to post some pics within the next few minutes. :)

I wonder if they look like my Mocha (in avatar). I think Mocha looks like a cotton tail. But neither yours nor mine can be any part cotton tail. Domestic rabbits in the US cannot breed with the wild rabbits here. It's genetically impossible. :wink

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

Blue eyes wrote:
I wonder if they look like my Mocha (in avatar). I think Mocha looks like a cotton tail. But neither yours nor mine can be any part cotton tail. Domestic rabbits in the US cannot breed with the wild rabbits here. It's genetically impossible. :wink

This is why I must ask questions here because even though I have owned rabbits for years I was really young most of that time and never got into the specifics on breeds. :biggrin2:

They are very cute. What are their names? I can not help with breed so sorry. They do not look like cottontail's to me.

ldoerr wrote:
They are very cute. What are their names? I can not help with breed so sorry. They do not look like cottontail's to me.

I have not decided on names just yet. I saw some pictures of cottontails and there were some that looked similar to them so I just assumed lol :)

Are they maybe agouti coloring? The rabbit in my avatar is agouti, and it kind of looks like yours... but maybe not! :)

Oh goodness, they're adorable!!! I can see how you couldn't possibly decide on one over the other :)

I know (practically) nothing about breeds, so I can't help you there. Enjoy your new bunnies!

Latest posts

Back