Rescued a bunny ! !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevaeh

Reaction score
This rabbit was abandoned in someones yard, and we have taken her in! She has been living in this yard for about a month now, and it wasn't until recently that my mom's friend told her about it, and so she came to live with us today :) Something deff happened to her ear, im not sure what. It seems like she's been through a lot, and I don't understand why someone would just abandon her :( but she's safe now :) I'm not sure what breed she is, maybe you rabbit experts can help me out :) She's cute anyways ! ! I hope this link to my image shack album works !!

http://img651.imageshack.us/g/im005390.jpg/

she almost looks kinda young to me, but she is very pretty
maybe some sort of meat rabbit mix?
did you check her ears for mites? which could cause the lop? or shecould just have lop rabbit in her

Thanks for the reply's! We just couldn't turn our backs on her! Last month we had to put down our dog whom we adopted 18 years ago, and when we adopted him the shelter said he was 3-5 years old ! He was badly abused and you can call me crazy, but somehow I feel like this is a sighn from him telling us to keep rescuing hurt animals. . she a cutie though, about to go check on her now ! !

How do I tell how old she is? one ear seems to stand up.. the other ear seems like it was damaged somehow, it even feels diffrent, its weird! Thanks again for the replys everyone!!

Edit: I'd thought I'd mention how big she is, LOL! I have two 6 month old mini lops and I thought they were big! We moved them inside recently, so we had the extra hutch to put her in! When I came inside yesterday from looking at her, my mini lops looked like little baby's! I had been looking at flemish giants online recently thinking I really would like one someday, and when I saw them at the bunny show I attended, I had told my mom I really wanted one, LOL!

thank you so much for giving this beautiful bunny a home and getting him/her out of harms way.

I don't know how someone could just dump a rabbit (or any animal for that matter) it's not like they can care for themselves :(

Have you checked the inside of the ears to make sure they are clean and no mites?

I have a red eye white bunny that was found by my neighbor in a ditch full of water in November! She had to be freezing and scared to death. We have no idea how long she had been outside.

Looking forward to updates on your new addition :)

I'm so happy we are able to give him/her a loving home. It baffles me on how cruel people are to animals.. all they do is love us and in return so many people neglect them..it makes me so sad :( But her ears do look dirty, I have these wipes that I bought at the feed and grain store and my mom and I are going to clean out her ear's tonight when I get home from work.

She seems in high spirits today ! Yesterday she seemed a bit weak but after having some good grain and hay she seems to be more energetic :) I have these apple sticks that I give to my mini lops, and she was nibbling on them, and actually picked one up and kinda threw it lol!

We plan on getting a big cage for her so she can stay inside, but for now we have her in a hutch outside away from the other bunnies- just in case. Sorry for rambling on, i'm just so excited to have her part of our family now :) I think it may be a boy? Cause when she/he was licking herself it kinda looked like it, though im no expert on that subject.

:) I love my bunnies :hugsquish:

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Thanks for rescuing her. Some people are really jerks. You may want to find a bunny vet and get her a checkup. We always do that so we can put them in with our other bunnies and not have to worry about anything.
As everyone mentions, thank you for taking her in!! She'll probably latch onto your heartstrings 20x stronger being an indoors bunny. In rescue network and from listening ears experiences, rabbits get killed by outdoor predators or malicious humans.

She's so lucky.:nod Are her eyes red or blue? ... Will be anxious to hear of when she snuggles up to you. Lays near your head, climbs on your back, or plunks her nose into yours for rubs.

~ And in the middle of a thunderstorm/snowstorm, or inclement weather, you can scoop her up and sit in a comfy chair with your rescued lucky lady. They are great lap covers or "heart" heaters.

Sure enjoyed seeing her photos and please keep us updated when time allows.

Yah, more jerks exist who feel dumping rabbits is a responsible gesture, a-ok.
:hearts We are grateful for caring humans with your kindness. :hugsquish:

{ Belated heart-hugs for having to put your dog to gentle calm "sleep" after the good life you gave for 18 years. }

- Have you check the RO library for determining his/her gender?

Damaged ear or not, she is gorgeous! Sweet and cautiously curious looking.

Lucky bunny to be taken in by you :D

Have you had five minutes spare to think of any possible names for her?

Looking forward to hearing more about her new life with you.

Jo xx

Latest posts

Back