RESCUE: Vancouver

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how can people be so sick. i could never picturethrowing turbo out like that. people dont realize that rabbits havefeelings o. they are an amazing animal to have. i could never picturethrowing turbo out. throwin out ur pet is like throwin out a baby.oscar is very cute n i hope he gets better quicky.

Sadly though some people DO throw babies in the trash, it's not just animals that humanity is bad to :(

I just figured out how he got his name - Oscar, from Sesame Street!

I'd really like to send this baby a few treats for Xmas (though they'lldefinitely get there late...), do you have an address that I can sendthem to? I really wish I could adopt him!

That's such a sweet idea Hollie!

I can't stop thinking about Oscar. I hope he is doing well.

Hollie wrote:
I'd really like to send this baby a few treats for Xmas(though they'll definitely get there late...), do you have an addressthat I can send them to? I really wish I could adopt him!
Awwww, Hollie, that is sweet! This just reiterates my pointthat when people actually SEE stories like this, they want to helpout. Had somebody thought to contact the media about thislittle guy, donations would have poured in.

sas

Poor little guy,it's sad and i feel like i just want to hang my head down and cry :(

i'm just so thankful that someone found this little guy,and brought him to safety,he was one lucky little bunny

I agree with mambo,these kinds of people will pay for their actions,as they say..what goes around,comes around

This story reminds me of another story that happened here.

These two elderly people were driving down a busy highway,when theynoticed people swerving to miss a bag that was in the middle of theroad,being good people they pulled over,and went to move the bag beforesomeone had an accident,but to their surprise the bag moved,they lookedinside and they were shocked to find a bunny and a guinea pig huddledup together.

Someone threw this bag into the middle of a busy highway!:shock:

The elderly people took them both to a shelter where they were safe.

The bunny and guinea pig were adopted out seperately:),a very happy ending,but boy,did i cry when i heard about it!

I know that Oscar will find a loving forever home,he really deserves it

cheryl

Do you know when he might be up for adoption? Iwill have a spare cage soon if he needs someone to foster him? I'm justin love with this guy too!

im so so so sorry about Oscar, i cant want for ore Oscar updates, to see how he recovered!!!

i hate seeing neglected bunnies!! it make mewant tocry!!!:tears2:

Celine:angel:

How's Oscar doing? :)

I'll be sending those treats as soon as I can! I've been stuck at theoffice working late for the past week, so I've not had a chance to getto the petshop yet :( And now the country's going to have a nine daylong holiday, so all the post offices are shut!

It'spretty tough to stay connected toall the threads here, nevertheless this abandonment/rescue tale andsubsequent postings (ones from Hollie and turbosmommy) is one I feltcompelled to interact on.[ I appreciatenaturestee for telling me about the forum board,incidentally.]

The most distressing thing I heard was two summers ago when I attendeda fairgrounds and toured the tents. The woman insideexplained to me that ... they don't believe rabbits have emotions orfeelings. Their goals differ from that of humaneorganizations.... 'Tis heartwarming anduplifting that the threads I've visited so far resound with the realismthat -- Rabbits do haveemotions and feelings!!! --

... He is lucky to be found ... {{hugs to those whohelp}}. Wish we could get them all to great homeswhere they'll be forever loved. take care all,

I'm one of those "horrible breeders" peopleoften think of - with 100+ rabbits. But let me tell you - my rabbitshave emotions and feelings and even preferences. I had one doe that hadto be in an outside cage and not in a middle cage. We were oncerearranging the rabbitry and Art moved her cage to an inner one and shehad fits. I think she was claustophobic 'cause once she was moved to acorner cage - she was just fine again.

I love watching my mamas with their babies. There is no way you can saythat they don't have feelings. Some mamas aren't so great - others areawesome...definitely better than many humans.

Tiny has taught me that rabbits have a great capacity to forgive whenthey know they're secure and their human messes up. Ginger (who has hada stroke and gets handfed and lives in my bedroom and on my desk as Iwrite) has taught me that rabbits have a great deal of AFFECTION - evenwhen life isn't the greatest for them. She is disabled but she hasgreat strength and courage and most days she has great days and loveson me and eats a lot. But since her disability, she has shown me howmuch she can love me (she used to not care for me at all).

Even my babies have taught me that rabbits will sometimes have certainrabbits that are friends and others that they don't care for.

I think rabbits are a great deal more social (Matilda shares her cagewith another doe and if I take the other doe away - she thumps at me)and loving and smarter than we think they are.

And they're each unique - even if they look like another one.

Peg

TreasuredFriend wrote:
'Tisheartwarming and uplifting that the threads I've visited so far resoundwith the realism that -- Rabbits do haveemotions andfeelings!!! --

Poor Oscar.

This is how we ended up with Tabitha. Two nights back someonedroppedher off at our house and said that they found her putout with the trash outside a house. She was in an all wirecage that smelled like a septic tank. She had no food orwater and was starving.

She is the sweetest like bunny. All we can figure is that shewas a kid's pet and was tossed to the curb after Christmas.The family probably got another pet to replace her. It seemsto happen way too often at Christmas time.

fluffy6.jpg

Unfortunately, there are people who do look uponanimals as nothing more than a material possession...many do believethat animals aren't capable of emotions, and some even believe thatthey aren't capable of registering pain like a human. They are more ofa commodity that is easily disposed of when no longer wanted. While Idon't wish harm on people who do think this way, I certainly do hopethere will come a day when people who cannot relate to animals assentient beings will simply choose to not have them in their lives...itwill be much better for all concerned.

When I was in my mid-teens I was walking to school with a friend onemorning, and it was garbage day...so the curbs were lined with garbagecans and boxes, ready for local pickup. We passed by one house and bothof us stopped at the same time, thinking we'd heard something odd. Aswe soon discovered, someone had tossed a box full of young kittens ontop of a pile of garbage...thankfully one of them had cried out, and wefound them before a much worse fate happened. We took the box to theschool, and by the end of the day all the kittens (there were six orseven of them, as I recall) had new homes.

Both Oscar and Tabitha are gorgeous(!), and I'm sure they will repaytheir thanks of being rescued many many times over in the form ofunconditional love. Thanks to two guardian angels, they now can lookforward to long lives, and they will be receiving the love that they sodeserve. Bless you guys for coming to their rescue.

:inlove:

Doesn't surprise me. My husband and I volunteer with 'throw away' kids. We throw away kids, so why not animals? /sarcasm off.

I was just having a conversation with someonetoday about how people don't care for their kids so how can you expectthem to care for animals. My neighbors grandson was droppedoff at his grandparents one evening and never picked upagain. The poor boy is scarving for adult attention andpraise. He grandmother does her best to care for him but heneeds parent figures in his life to thrive. My husband and ispend weekends with him and generally chat with him about school andhobbies but there is a limit to what we can do for him.

I have been running around like crazy this past week. I havea foster Quaker that i have been caring for for 3 months and i finallyfound him a great home with a lady who is a bird trainer forSeaworld. She got along so well with Mango the Quaker, it wasa great match. I also took in a Husky/Wolf mix that was goingto go to the pound but i found a lady who will care for her and isexperienced with strong willed dogs.

As fast as i find homes for the animals, more end up at myhouse. I got home this afternoon and found a Blue Budgiesitting at my gate. Someone had dropped him off. Heis super sweet, seems very young still and just a lover.Another unwanted pet through no fault of the birds. Why theygave him up i don't know. He is handtame and snuggles too.

I can't understand anyone who does that, that's just :censored2:...
If i lived over your way i would take him home forever, he looks like abunny I rehomed last year... we called him Mr Boof... he was also blindin one eye...

Latest posts

Back