RESCUE: Vancouver

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Hutch

Reaction score
Meet Oscar.

He, like other pieces of *garbage* was thrown into the trash to be *disposed* of.
Not that it mattered that he is a live, living being, with needs andfeelings. Oh no, unfortunately, to someone, he was nothingmore than a piece of TRASH. They didn't even careenough to drop him off at a shelter or give him to someone who wouldcare for him....it was easier to just dump him.

Oscar was found in a Vancouver trash can near a busy street, in a park.Luckily for him, somone found him and took him to the SPCA hospitalwhere they cared for him very well.

Not only did the person who threw him into the trash dispose of him,they also neglected and starved him. As you can see from hispictures he is also blind in one eye. His body is thin andweak and very stiff.....most likely due to never being out for any sortof exercise.

His hair is growing back and the hair from around his eyes was trimmedas they were all gooped up when he came in. He is gaining weight andthe other ladies (bunnies) where he is staying are starting to make himfeel a bit frisky - so we know he's starting to feel better:shock:

Oscar is a quiet, gentle soul who has been through lord knows what buthe eats like a horse and will be looking fine in no time.Stay tuned for updates.

100_1452.jpg

100_1461.jpg

100_1458.jpg

100_1453.jpg

100_1455.jpg

100_1456.jpg

It just makes me sick to hear stories like this. What a beautiful little boy. How could someone be so cruel?

I hope he is able to find a forever home where someone can give him the love and affection he deserves.

I cant even imagine how someone could do that.

I'm in tears from reading his story... poorbunny! If I could have Oscar I definitely would, I hope he finds theperfect forever home with someone who'll love him to pieces... I hatepeople for how cruel they can be!

Someone should've thrown that *bleep* in a trashcan and thrown away the key! I DO NOT understand how anyonecan treat an innocent animal that way. Thank the Lord someonecame to the rescue. Definitely want updates on Oscar.

I took in bunnie that was "thrown away"....notas literally as this little guy, though. She was abandoned at a gasstation in the middle of the winter.

It makes me lose some faith in people....but then, at the same time, Iknow that there's ones out there that care as much as we do.

I hope this little one knows a better life from now on.

~Jim

Oscar's story brought tears to myeyes. What kind of person could do this?? He isabsolutely precious, if he were closer I don't think I would be able toresist adopting him. Please, please keep us updated on thissweetheart.

I travel to Ontario (Toronto or Ottawa) for work a few timesa year so be careful what you wish for ;) mwahahahahahaha

Updates to come as he gets better
Lisa

What waste of life would do that to such abeautiful bunny?! I'd like to meet that person in an alley and throwthem in a trashcan.

I hope Oscar gets better and lives a long and happy life with someonewho will treat him like a little king. God bless him and whoever tookhim out of the trash and got him help. If Oscar ever makes atripto New Jersey, he is always welcomeat ourhousefor some treats.

Oh my. That is just sick, and I hope the personwho did that to Oscar gets caught! Someone should stuff the person in agarbage bag!

Do you know when he will be up for adoption?

As soon as he porks on a few more pounds...which should be fairly quick the way he eats.

After that if he isn't too elderly to be neutered and then he's good togo. It's hard to tell at this point if he is stiff from beingold or just being confined & neglected for so long.

He sits up now rather than laying all the time wo who knows what he'll*blossom* into. He buzzes alot so he's feeling fine, if youknow what I mean ;)

Rabbit Hutch wrote:
They didn't even care enough to drop him off at a shelter orgive him to someone who would care for him....it was easier to justdump him.
Yeah, thisoneopened the flood gates, going to have to put more kleenex on the shoppinglist.

Perfect scenario for a lobby. The rescue community has tomake it easier to drop him off somewhere, the civic community has tomake it a h*ll of a lot harder to dump him.

sas

Rabbit Hutch wrote:
I travel to Ontario (Toronto or Ottawa) for work a fewtimesa year so be careful what you wish for ;) mwahahahahahaha

Updates to come as he gets better
Lisa

OMG if you are in Toronto with him, let me know!!

I can't believe people sometimes... I feel so bad for the little guy.

I'm about ready to whisk him to Alberta to come live with me...unfortunately I can't but this is one guy we need to find a goodhomeI think! (Hey Pipp, have a spare corner? LOL.)

:tantrum:scary to think that there are sickhumans such as that walking the streets!!! Hey if you happen to end upin Utah for any reason..........Bring him on over!!!:inlove:

Shye

Latest posts

Back