Rescue Slammed With Dumps

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
Ok so we have had a very bad lull in adoptions and of course many dump calls... Most we direct them and give them things to try. Sadly we had some other calls and finds.

Within the last month...

1) Liam my foster

2)My new soon to be foster... A 4mnth old black lionhead left in a box by the woods.

3) A black lop with 8 babies 2 which are older than the other babies...

4) A white with spot lionhead doe

5) Another black lionhead female.

Those are just the ones I know of (Ok so I know a few others and the stories are not so great). So many calls and emailsbut we can only help so many. Donations are low but we are some how making due.

I am feeling just a little overwhelmed.

I feel for you. We are in the same position. We seem to be able to keep "pulling a rabbit out of the hat" when it comes to taking in new bunnies. Somehow a new foster home comes through eventually. In the meantime, Patti's B&B (Bed & Bunny) is in full swing.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I feel for you. We are in the same position. We seem to be able to keep "pulling a rabbit out of the hat" when it comes to taking in new bunnies. Somehow a new foster home comes through eventually. In the meantime, Patti's B&B (Bed & Bunny) is in full swing.
:hug:We figure it out some how don't we?

Thanks for what you do guys. I know it doesn't really do anything for ya. Ya all do a wonderful service! I know my baby Bert and his girl Petunia would say thanks, if I could find a bunny safe keyboard.

We got a few dumped on us from what I understand. I'm still very new to the pool of volunteers at NY RRR but I think we have a pretty good network of foster parents and we also have the Petco residence for 4 of our buns. We are lucky to have that going.

It's tough. The buns are lucky to have people like you on their side.

bunfoo wrote:
Grrrrr. I don't understand why people dump animals or carelessly breed their pets. I'm sorry, I wish I could help in some way. I can spread the word on my twitter is there a website I can send people to?
3Bunnies Don't mind the lack of updating the guy who runs are site is in the process of moving.

I'm sorry to hear that! I've been volunteering down at Hop-a-long Hollow in Norwalk and theyj're totally full right now but getting plenty of calls. It's so hard to make the decision to turn rabbits away.

uff..I can tell that is is tough..but I am here to helppp :)

I will gladly make a donation-what do you need more than anything right now??or is money just fine.

You hold off for now. Once we figure somethings out someone will contact you. ;)

JadeIcing wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
:hug:We figure it out some how don't we?

We have a lot of "11th hour" rescues. We had one last year that we were sure was going to be PTS.....we had absolutely no room. At the last minute a home came through and it turned out that the shelter "forgot" to euth the rabbit on the day they were supposed to. One more bun saved!!!!

I wish I were closer and could work with you.

So do I something tells me you would be an awesome addition. Ha if my uncle ever convinced me to move to Florida I know what rescue I would work with.:biggrin2:

Hugs to all you folks who foster, volunteer time at shelters, and rescue :hug: The bunnies thank you too:bunnyhug:

What does "11th hour" mean?

i look forward to the day i can start fostering...so many bunnies out there need help...so many animals in general.

I know how you feel.
The rescue I work with has been just flooded, and we've had to turn some bunnies away. :( We were lucky that some of the individual rescuers have been willing to take care of the buns for awhile.
We were also able to help two bunnies that had been kept outdoors w/o shelter, they were brought inside just days before the blizzard and cold conditions moved in. Two more lives saved.

slavetoabunny wrote:
luvthempigs wrote:
It means last possible minute. In some cases "miracle" is a better definition!!

thanks for the clarification on that one, I *thought* maybe that was what it meant but I wasn't sure :p

That ear looks awful, I have to wonder how long it took to get that bad :tears2:

Please keep us updated

luvthempigs wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
luvthempigs wrote:
It means last possible minute. In some cases "miracle" is a better definition!!

thanks for the clarification on that one, I *thought* maybe that was what it meant but I wasn't sure :p

That ear looks awful, I have to wonder how long it took to get that bad :tears2:

Please keep us updated

His ears look much better now that he has received proper medical attention. As soon as he is returned to a healthy state he will be ready to find his furever home.

20963_256412511882_87344371882_3765871_4700678_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back