RESCUE: No. IL - Anyone want a BIG bunny or two?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueFrog

Reaction score
Check out these two gorgeous hunks of big bunny love waiting at South Suburban Humane Society for their forever homes! Both are said to be very friendly but would benefit from some additional socialization.

Flemish Giant(ish) girl. Pictures don't do her justice. She is gorgeous!

SSHSFlemmieGirl1.jpg

SSHSFlemmieGirl2.jpg

Big spotted boy, possibly a Flemmie mix.

SSHSMaleRabbit1.jpg

SSHSMaleRabbit2.jpg

Wow that first one is so perfect. Than again so is the second one.

tonyshuman, was your significant huemin lookin' to find a big sweetie for T-bone? Does T-bone read RO to look for harmony signals? ;) Can he make her twitter-pat for groomin' kisses?

Wow, bluefrog, these two are just gorgeous. Right on, Alicia!

Aside from beauty being a superficial thing, I hope your note will help them stay on RO as Adopted by an RO Member!!:pinkbouce:

:sunshine::hearts:

must have pictures, all the time, !!! Thanx for posting the photographs!

silly TF want's a million more buns to join RO and start blogs :p

Yes, bf is looking for a gf for Benjamin. However, we have a line on a recovering gray flemmie here at Dane County--currently recovering from URI and ear mites so we're still waiting to hear about her. Can't have a date until she's better. However, I sent him a link to this post, and I'm sure if it doesn't work out with the local girl that the bf's been pining over for WEEKS we'll probably look into it if this South Suburban girl doesn't have a home by then.;)

It's a lot easier to do dates closeby, tonyshuman. I hope Benjamin wants a girlfriend pillow. Two bonded pairs to admire their adoptive humans in their freetime! :bunnyhug:

RO gives you options. :hearts:yes:

Dear Elf, girlie at SSHS is like the 7th OR 8th (sheesh) surrendered Palomino at a shelter in the last few months (that i've seen or heard about). YOU are **SO incredibly lucky** to have a mommee who loves you.

~~~

What beautiful bunnies at a shelter... please stay connected to RO so we can follow yer future blog.

Elf Mommy
, I won't pretend to be a bunny identification expert, by a long shot, but I've seen a purebred Flemmie and a 3/4 Palomino and I'm pretty convinced SSHS was right in calling her a Flemmie. As she was a stray I can't say for sure she's a purebred, but in person she's a LOT bigger and more angular than she looks in that photo.

They also thought the spotted bunny was a Flemmie, but that I'm a lot less convinced of.

There was a litter of Pal mixes here in Madison at the WI HRS.:( There are a lot of meat farmers around here and I bet that's where they're coming from.
:sad::bigtears:

The moment I saw the fawn girl, I thought, "She looks like some one I know...." Then it dawned on me that she looks a bit like Elf. I had just finished reading her blog, so I don't know if that influenced my thinking :?.

Then I decided that she is absolutely gorgeous!!!! :pI wonder what she tips the scales at....? (hint-hint)

myheart

karla asks, any updates ... ?

The doe has been taken into foster care for an evaluation of her temperament and preferences. So far the news is very good. No word on the boy yet. I will see him on Thursday morning, however briefly, when I stop in to pull a gerbil to go to its new home.

Boy, he's a beauty. Probably mad he got stuck with his looks. ;)

Great news that a foster person can evaluate Palomino's personality.

Barry was a spitball when I withdrew him from shelter, 1st on the hit list for being terminated. Man, you should see him now ... lovin' his Karla girl and kissin' his human maid.

The world needs more BlueFrogs.

You're not going to believe this, but now Catnap has a big agouti and white Flemmie girl found as a stray too! That means in the course of just a few weeks, all three of the shelters I work with closely have gotten in stray Flemmies when we haven't seen one before this entire year. Part of me says this has to be coincidence because the distance between the southernmost and northernmost of these shelters is a good 40 minutes by expressway, but on the other hand, what's behind the sudden flood of feral Flemmies? This new girl is a doll. Everyone urged me to take her home, and I would in a heartbeat if I didn't think Fiona would throw a fit.

It's that time of year, according to what I see on Craigslist these days. People with BIG bunnies don't want to have to put them inside or insulate the hutch for the coming winter. That cute little bunny they bought in the spring or at the fair this summer got real big, and they can't leave it outside, can't bring it inside. The girl my bf is waiting on was part of a Flemmie/NZ mix litter from a NZ mama found in Milwaukee (I think). Beautiful mama has a home, her babies are in foster care and all still sick.

speaking of big'uns, this lovely lady showed up at DCHS just recently:
9955a517-0e61-4a4f-9fb8-31495993e440.jpg

Blue Frog...Do you have pics of the Flemmie girl?? I really don't need any more bunnies, but I am so lonely for a Flemmie...:(

Here you go! She's bigger than she looks in these pictures, and I'm quite sure she has some growing left to do:

Chloe1.jpg

Chloe2.jpg

I think I scared Art....he was getting the water bottles in here...and suddenly I'm saying, 'Oh.....she's beautiful' (thinking Robin was the one who had walked in....then I explained I was looking at a flemish doe...

Before he could even start to say "no" I said - "not for me.....for someone else.."

Poor guy...he knows my weakness for flemmies..

She's a gorgeous doe.

Latest posts

Back