RESCUE: Bunnies in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor little guy or girl.

JadeIcing wrote:
Poor little guy or girl.
I know. I tried convincing my hubby to let me get him, but we justdon't have the room. Plus we're looking into moving to a house thissummer.

Tooth issues may cost you a bit to.:?

lalena2148 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Poor little guy or girl.
I know. I tried convincing my hubby to let me get him, but we justdon't have the room. Plus we're looking into moving to a house thissummer.

JadeIcing wrote:
Tooth issues may cost you a bit to.:?

lalena2148 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Poor little guy or girl.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'd rather have some emergency funds justin case Drizzle's allergies get bad or if Latte's tilt starts to getworse. Plus, since Driz is a netherland dwarf, he could have teethissues later on. I have the vet check for spurs at every check up. Sofar, it's ok, but who knows in the future.:?

They actually have information about the rabbits at AWL (no photos still but at least THEY update now instead of just me...)

Here's the link!

UPDATE!

Our local newspaper will be featuring Bella, a two year old female rabbit, for adoption this week. I'm really trying to let my hubby let me get her...she reminds me of Haley's Lucy.

But if I can't have her, I'm sure someone out there will get this cutie out of the shelter!

P1020601.jpg

P1020608.jpg

She's up for adoption at the Animal Welfare League in Chicago Ridge. And she can be yours for only $27.50 spay and take home carrier included!

Also, don't forget to check out the AWL's homepage for more rabbits to adopt!

TLC Animal Shelter also has 2 rabbits up for adoption in Homer Glen!
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/9902/2002weeklyotherlist.html

Hi there! If you don't want to go to Chicago for a bunny, we have many in our shelter in Plymouth, Michigan. On petfinder use the zip 48170 and it will give you a listing of all of the bunnies available. The shelter is called Midwest and I volunteer there. Plenty of beautiful bunnies to choose from!!

Laura:)

Oh hi! We have a couple other Midwest volunteers here too.

Lalena, have you ever been to the Anti-Cruelty Society in Chicago? Midwest and Soulmate Rabbit Rescue (in WI, I'm fostering for them) have been pulling buns out of there when possible because they tend to euthanize a lot. If possible, it would be great to have someone keep an eye on the buns there to see if they're ok.

Hi Naturestee,

We've had quite a few bunnies from Chicago shelters. We're always happy to have them, but boy we sure are full these days! I guess that doesn't really get much better. We just keep getting more dumps!

I didn't realize there were other volunteers from Midwest here (other than Haley). Cool!

Laura

Yeah, her username escapes me but there's someone here that helps out at the main shelter site. As well as several others who have adopted from there.

Yup, Julia (iluvmybuns) who adopted Ozzy from the shelter is a member here. She feeds the bunson Monday mornings.

Also, Jennifer (Jam224) has helped with a lot of transports. She adopted her minirex Lily from Midwest a while back.

PS. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Lauren. That girl is adorable! Tell hubby she wont take up much room :)

OMG! I wish.:inlove:

lalena2148 wrote:
UPDATE!

Our local newspaper will be featuring Bella, a two year old female rabbit, for adoption this week. I'm really trying to let my hubby let me get her...she reminds me of Haley's Lucy.

But if I can't have her, I'm sure someone out there will get this cutie out of the shelter!

P1020601.jpg

P1020608.jpg

She's up for adoption at the Animal Welfare League in Chicago Ridge. And she can be yours for only $27.50 spay and take home carrier included!

Also, don't forget to check out the AWL's homepage for more rabbits to adopt!

TLC Animal Shelter also has 2 rabbits up for adoption in Homer Glen!
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/9902/2002weeklyotherlist.html

I'm new to the forum and just saw this post. I thought I'd let you know that I adopted Bella back on 12/4/07! She's been re-named Freckles by my 4 yr old. She's my avatar bunny!

LoriV wrote:
I'm new to the forum and just saw this post. I thought I'd let you know that I adopted Bella back on 12/4/07! She's been re-named Freckles by my 4 yr old. She's my avatar bunny!
Welcome to the forum - she is a beauty - Nice Save!

LoriV wrote:
Welcome to the forum! LOL, you beat me to her! :biggrin2:I'm glad someone got her from there. She's such a cutie! But it's ok, I got my bunny Hazel from there on 12/6/07 ( I went to look for Bella on 12/5/07 but apparently you already had her :happybunny:). Give Freckles a ton of nose rubs from me!

I hope you like our forum! You should start a blog for your buns. After looking at that avatar, I'd love to see more of Freckles! :inlove:

Lots of Love to all the kids, and new avatar sweetiekins Freckles whom :hug:you accepted into your home.

Latest posts

Back