Reputable Rabbit Breeders in Indiana?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandhills_rabbits

Reaction score
You may have read my post about my littlesister's baby bun passing away yesterday. She could get a free bunnyfrom the petstore, as her previous bunny was still under warranty. Ireally hate the idea of this though, just because all the bunnies theremight be sick.

I am wondering if there's any reputable rabbit breeders near to wheremy sister, Laura lives. She is currently living in West Lafayette,Indiana, and attends the university there.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Annie

Also, there may be a House Rabbit Society chapterin your area. There are always very wonderful rabbitsawaiting adoption.

Pam

Thanks so much everyone for the great ideas!! I'mnot sure if she's thought of going the Humane Society adoption route,and I'm pretty sure that she's not even aware of the House Rabbit
Society. Thanks Pam and Lissa for reminding me of these two resources.

Thanks mambo101 for the links to Indiana breeders. I honestly didntthink there'd be that many in Indiana! I guess it shouldnt surprise me,but for some reason it does! lol....

I'll be sure to send all the great ideas my little sister's way. I know that she'll be very appreciative for all the help!

Thanks again,
annie

Wow! She's not far from me :)

I know it's a bit of a drive, but the vet we have for Bo has a cutelittle bunny in their office that needs a home. She was foundin someone's yard. She had a broken foot but it had alreadyhealed. They didn't mess with it cause she does very wellwith it and She's just as cute as can be. She's a black andwhite lop. They tried to get me to take her.... and I wouldhave if I had the space.

I'm sure she's spayed and all that. She's litterbox trainedalso..... she's not caged at the office when people arethere.

I also know there is a House Rabbit society here.

If she's wanting a baby bunny, I know there are several around. I'd need to know what breed.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Wow! She's not far from me :)

I know it's a bit of a drive, but the vet we have for Bo has a cutelittle bunny in their office that needs a home. She was found insomeone's yard. She had a broken foot but it had already healed. Theydidn't mess with it cause she does very well with it and She's just ascute as can be. She's a black and white lop. They tried to get me totake her.... and I would have if I had the space.

I'm sure she's spayed and all that. She's litterbox trained also..... she's not caged at the office when people are there.

I also know there is a House Rabbit society here.

If she's wanting a baby bunny, I know there are several around. I'd need to know what breed.

I will definately pass the information on to my sister about the littleblack and white lop at the vet's office. It would be great for her toget a rabbit that is already established, most likely spayed, and usingthe litterbox. It's too bad about the little girl getting the brokenfoot. It's great to hear that they treated her, and are obviouslygiving her great care and attention there.

How far are you from Lafayette? I've got grandparents in Indiana, aswell as all my mother's sisters and brothers. My mother gets out tovisit my little sister monthly (or darn close to it!)

I think that my sister is hoping for a lop. I know that when Iinitially talked to her about the rabbit she wanted to get she wouldalways say "a white one with peach on her". Her little boy bun thatjust passed away was white with gray markings. He sounded like anabsolute dream, but I never did get to see any pictures of him.

I am about 30 to 45 min from West Lafayette. I live just North of Indianapolis.

PM me if she's interested and I'll give you all the info on "Phoebe" asshe is lovingly called by some or "Hop along" as some others call herdue to her little footsie (it sticks out to the side slightly).

Latest posts

Back