REPOST: Bunny Bonding Woes -- HELP

Discussion in 'General Rabbit Discussion' started by Allen Wrider, Oct 23, 2019.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Nov 13, 2019 #61

K1marie

K1marie

K1marie

Lionel and Murphy Supporting Member

My parents dog loves to chase squirrels and birds and he would have loved to chase my last rabbit, but my rabbit kind of ignored him so he got bored and gave up on him. It will probably depend a lot how Dortmund reacts to the dogs as to how they react to him - though I would error on the side of caution and make sure they are watched around eachother. I wouldn't let him loose together.

2. Nov 13, 2019 #62

Flakes

Flakes

Flakes

Supporting Member

Yeah, I’ve already laid out some ground rules with my sister.

Dortmund is staying in his cage for the first two days I ‘m there — he will probably be traumatized by the 20 hour car ride already, no need to add people poking at him.

Dortmund has the top floor, the doggos have the first floor.

Kids can only play with the bunny under my supervision.

I’ve already tracked down a Rabbit Friendly 24 hour emergency vet in St. Petersburg and his address and phone is in mine and my sister’s contacts.

someone said that on the drive I should take him out of his pet crate every couple of hours to let him hop around. Not sure how to do this on such a long drive in the winter. Do I stop off at restaurants and say “I’ll have a burger and my rabbit will have the salad bar” I do have a rabbit leash and dortmund does have an appetite.

J3lly likes this.
  3. Nov 14, 2019 #63

Allen Wrider

Allen Wrider

Allen Wrider

I took them out of their cages separately to have a good run. Quinn is a little calmer today but I'll need to do some serious stress bonding to get them back to where they were.

There's a rabbit specialty shop about 35-40 mins out from where I live, and I'm considering taking them in the car, though I'd need help to get them there without incident. It's a real struggle....

Flakes likes this.