Rehome

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neri18

Reaction score
I hate to do this but I need to try and find Pip a new home. I'm moving soon and I'm unable to take him with me, and my friends aren't able to take him in either. I'd hate to have to take him to a shelter because he needs a nice home with someone to love and snuggle him :) He's about 4 years old and a pretty mellow guy, unless he wants a treat and then he'll follow you around and tug on your pants until you give him some love and attention lol. He's not neutered because vets in the area charged huge fees for rabbit neuters and since he was a single bunny and it never caused too much of an issue I didn't get him fixed. He's sweet as can be though and he gets along with cats and dogs (as long as they're gentle). He's a house rabbit and never been outside. He has the run of my room and he's mostly litter trained but he'll leave some poops under the bed, which is his "other den." His diet is simple, just regular timothy hay and timothy hay pellets. Fresh greens tend to give him runny stools so as long as I avoid those he's a happy camper and has no problems. I'd like him to go to a home where someone can love him and has some rabbit experience, and not just give him to a random person off Craigslist or something. I'm in southern NH so if anyone might be interested, please let me know. I just want my little man in a good home :)

P1010213.jpg

Aww, sorry you have to rehome :( good luck finding him a home!

If you make up a questionaire craigslist might not be a bad idea - I found my newest bunny from there and every animal slave I know keeps an eye on it. Just have to make sure the person you are talking to has actual rabbit experience with a little quiz test, like what breeders or rescues use.

Do the quiz over the phone or in person though. They might be smart enough to google every question. Also I would make it a requirement that you yourself take the rabbit to them so you can see their home and make sure the household knows and is prepared for the bunny. Too many sneaky people out there. You have people who will make you feel so comforatable enough to let them adopt your opet and come to find out it was a kid thinking if they already have it, the parents have to say yes. But they dont and the poor animals ends up ina shelter or bounced around. Then you have the people who say they own a home and do not rent so they can have a pet. Most are all lies!!! I just get so paranoid.

I am so sorry you have to find a new home. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you find the best home and maybe even keep in touch with the new owner.

Thats a good idea. I wasn't planning to just give him to the first person who answered an ad. I'd have to make sure they were worthy of my baby :) I'd have to talk to them a few times and meet with them first. That's why I'm giving myself plenty of time, so I hopefully don't end up at the last minute having to give him to a shelter or something.

Back