Rehome: White Mountains, Arizona

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright. Elton is still looking for a home. The show is this weekend. I hope everyone understands the position I'm in, but I have a litter to wean and he's taking up space I need. Something's gotta give.

He's starting to develop attitude problems and boxes me whenever I reach into his cage to feed him, does not tolerate being held, and quite literally bit me when I was trying to pose him the other day. These are not hormones- we passed that hurdle a few months ago. Bottom line is he's not suitable for a 4-her. What's the point of passing on a rabbit that refuses to be handled to someone who's only learning how to handle even the most docile?

I don't know what to do about him. It's so frustrating that he's turning into this after the work I've put into him. I have a few decisions to make as a responsible breeder. Do I let a rabbit with developing issues leave and risk my reputation taking a hit, or keep a rabbit I'm not happy with in a place where he's not happy? Hard to make that call.

Just an update, I guess. :expressionless

I have yet to know a cage bunny that didn't turn into a pretty sweet house bunny when given the opportunity.

(Even miserable old Darry not only let me pet her yesterday, she purred!)

sas :expressionless

Erin, I am not the best at handling aggresive rabbits (Obviously with Sheriff) but I could take him in and find a good home for him...I actually have a friend who lost her 5 year old rabbit in Oct and was asking me about taking in a rabbit. She would be able to nueter him and I knkow she would work with him, as her last rabbit was really aggresive (She bought him from a snake store) until she was sweet.

I rather take him in and find him a good home (Or poss keep him) than for him to be culled.

:)

Yeah Myia!! I was so hoping this would happen!!

I'm sure this little guy has gone from being sweet and gentle to an angry rabbit because he's not used to his now-lesser lifestyle than what he had before.His cage aggressive is understandable, and I'm sure the 'posing' nips are an extension of being plucked out of the cage.

I'm sure he'll make your friend a lovely house bunny. :)

I would have loved to have had him myself, he's the cutest little guy!

Here's hoping it all works out.

sas :goodluck

Erin, I have a new home for him.
Her name is Erika..she had a previous bun for 5 years. She provides a great house with a lot of love. Like I said previously, her rabbit was a tad aggressive when she got her so she would be willing to work with the bun.

I sent you an email, but still waiting a response.

Hey, if need be, i rescue buns and can take him in until a permenant home is found, Or if he stays a butthead then I'd keep him. But I would need help getting him out here, My trip out there in Early april nearly killed me lol

Latest posts

Back