Redemption?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
So, as many people know, and have been emailing and PM'ing me to ask me how goes it in respect to this.. I thought I would just make a general post...

I left my other team..Actually I was terminated.

I will provide you with a link to the story,as I blog for a worldwide rollerderby forum, connecting rollergirls worldwide. My blog comes out every Weds..

Anyway, here is the reason why..

http://rollerderbyvixens.blogspot.com/2010/03/just-breathe.html

So, in that blog is the nice reasons of what happened with my first team..it's more in depth than that. But I won't go into the mudslinging. They do a good enough job on their own making themselves look bad.

We have turned into a huge league, in almost 9 months of existence, we have had massive media blitz, and a huge following on FB and at our public appearances. We have gotten the other teams cast offs.. thats not as bad as it sounds. The girls they treat like crap, and they get fed up, they come to us..we are known for being kind and fair and good girls (yes I know thats laughable.. it's derby..lol)We have gotten further along in our short time, than my old team has in 2 years of existence.

So..we are slated to play Houston Roller Derby's Knockouts, which is the B team of their HaRD Knocks Team, their all star team made from the best of their other 3 teams that went to NATIONALS in Philly this year.

To quote Whip It... "Has anybody ever thrown up on the track before?"

Yeah cause I will.

So..the side story to this is. I am a blocker. That's all I will ever be. I am a massive wall of a skater, but I am slow. WE all guessed, and I assumed that my careful deliberate skating methodology was because I had slammed my head into the rink floor without a helmet and got a concussion, and my self preservation factor has kicked in, and i'm being careful. Well our coach has figured out, its not the falling, its the getting up i'm crap at. It's 3 seconds to get up, and i'm crap at it. i'm like a big clumsy gorilla. I skate carefully so I won't fall, so I wont have to get up.

So for the past 2 weeks, and coach says possibly for the next 2 months I will be doing nothing but throwing myself down in falls and getting up, not skating. Funny thing is, it must be working, because when I go to take my gear off, I skate over to the bench fast without a care. and when I fell in the middle of the track, I got right back up, without thinking about it, and it was controlled.

So..we think..come November.. we wanna skate my old team for a a Southeast Texas type Bowl. Bragging Rights. A trophy to pass back and forth year to year.

My chance at redemption, my chance to show the woman who was so evil to me and others.. I survived.. I skated...bite me..you didn't win.

Do you have any idea how scary that is?

Should we do it?

My best girls, Boom Boom Pow, and Va Va Doom both said it at the same time.. "It's your shot at redemption..do it"

But I have alot to catch up on, in 5 months, (5 months till we skate Houston, my old team is their apprentice league, and will be front and center witnessing our debut) but in the 2.5 weeks since coach figured out my REAL glitch, and I have been working on it, I have improved dramatically..I'm still scared.. nervous..

Here's our website.. featuring on the splash page the artwork I started, then we got a Disney Intern to finish up for our logo.. I think it looks smashing!

http://www.gulfcoastrollergirls.com

Zin - if anyone can do this - YOU can.

You're a strong woman and you're smart (hey - you started your own team) - but also - you're willing to learn and grow and move on.

I took a picture of something this weekend that reminded me of you. We were in Cracker Barrel and I saw this - I started laughing so hard that I choked. Eric came over to see what was wrong and I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes (I'm sure the choking helped bring on the tears too).

Here it is.

[align=center]
DSCF8196.jpg

[align=left]So put on that cape - and go kick some butt.
[/align][/align]

Zin I think after everything you have been through in the past two years sense I have met you.

You need to go kick some roller derby butt.

I will be at the game though. Hopefully I can be skating by then. And you can show me some moves.

I say go for it. Me and EJ will be there to support you.

We still need to meet up For sure in April.

Kat:bunnydance:

Holy crap Peg...

Um..lemmie take some pics of something the tutu Guru Made for me.. and Va Va Doom Gave me to wear..

You will die..

It gives me a happy to see you post.

Like.. tears happy.

Broken Halo is our resident TuTu Guru.. and I am Hardcore Irish. now if you know me, I am the anti floofy derby girl. While all my derby sisters love pink and wear tutu's I favor the neon pink and silver or black eyeshadow, heavy glitter, mostly black clothes, my helmet has a fake mohawk for gawds sakes..

So in an effort to make me wear a tutu and join the party.. I was gifted with these faboo Irish derby accoutrements..

My Tiara

And it's no cape...(a cape might get stuck in my wheels..haha)

Good luck. It is def hard..finding time..even finding money..

My "official" try outs are April 19th, (I have been practicing with the teams, but I have not gone to an official try out) and I am nervous as hell.

I really hope you do well.

Myia- I hope you do well too..I will keep you in my thoughts come April 19th.. tryouts are daunting!

I would send you my lucky wheels.. but I might jinx myself..lol

Me? I was born an bred in America. so im Irish American. but my birth grandparents are from Ireland.. with my Grandmother Hailing from County Wicklow, and Grandfather from Dublin.

I am actually married to an aussie, and his superstitious mother is convinced that with my dark hair that I am a Selkie..lol

Ahahahahaha Jade..

Dont tell people my secret...

Lemmie post some impromtu pics from tonights practice..

They are RETARDED because I left my mouthguard in.. notice I am the only one with it in...

This is a handful of us...

DSC_0004-8.jpg

Here is us with our mascot.. Charles in Charge..

DSC_0022-3.jpg

The girls on each side of my leg are my best girls.. the blonde. Va Va Doom.. the one with the pink Ponytails, Boom Boom Pow..

The girl thats my size, directly infront of me, she was on my old team with me, and when I wasn't my old team captain's favorite target, she was. She quit about a month before I was terminated..she had enough..

Notice Donna is smiling too...

Ok, the funny Ireland story.

We went to kiss the Blarney Stone, at Blarney Castle.. and aside from the first thing I observed when I got off the plane was Ireland is the greenest green you ever did green, Everything smells like whiskey! The locals were like "that"s Ireland!"...it's the moss and the bogs and stuff I reckon..

So side note to this, after we went to Blarney castle and kissed the Blarney Stone..we found out from drunk locals in the pub, that after they have a few pints and get lit. they pee on the Blarney Stone, and we're up there kissing it!

ANYWAY.. the steps on the castle are not only slick due to the algae growing on it..they are also not the widest things ever, and I have rather large feet.. I am also known for being excessively clumsy. So I have to walk kinda sidestep.. I slip, and fall down the castle keep ON MY FACE..almost ALL THE WAY DOWN...

I looked like a victim of domestic violence..so for the rest of our European vaction, women everywhere glared at my husband like he was this massive wifebeating piece of crap..

Thats my Ireland story.

Ahaha! Peeing on the stone definitely sounds like something Irish lads would do :p Well to be honest, drunk Irish lads pee on everything lol! :S
I know this lad who owns a traditional music shop and he installed some kind of system to electrocute the ahh....''nuts'' off other lads that were peeing into the letter box :biggrin2:

Right now everything here is kind of yellow cause the frost killed all the grass!

This is my favorite quote from your story

"(Sometimes life just feels like endless repetitions of High School)"

U GO GIRL!!!!

Back