Red Urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buns4Life_Cinder

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help! Cinder's urine is red and I'm sure it's because she is either stressed or not getting enough water. If she is stressed how do I "unstress" her! I need help.

Bunny urine color can be dark when dehydrated. Is she drinking plenty of water? Do you have a bowl for her? (they tend to drink more from a bowl)

I don't recall your bunny's age. Is she old enough that she is getting wet greens? That can help hydrate. Eating hay can also encourage them to drink water.

Why haven't you removed the linoleum? This is not the first time you are posting about this issue, so if your rabbits behaviour hasn't changed why haven't you removed the thing you are so concerned about?

I removed it and replaced it because there was nothing else that I could find as flooring to fit in hey cage so I'm trying to find another safer more durable enclosure for her

She does drink out of a bowl I'll try giving her wet greens thanks so much for the advice

It could also be a different colour from any fresh greens or veggies that you may be feeding, as they can also change urine colour.

I agree that you need to completely remove the linoleum or secure the edges so that there is absolutely no way that your rabbit can access it. If she continues to eat it discoloured urine may be the least of your worries. It's very risky leaving it there for her to access, you are better off finding another flooring solution.

Latest posts

Back