Really worried about Reddit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap08m

Reaction score
Reddit is my first rabbit and I got her 3 months ago. She's a very nervous rabbit. She's extremely skittish, will not tolerate being picked up, and is constantly attempting to escape her cage. I noticed when I got her that even if shes been left alone and nothing has scared her she breathes very rapidly. I thought it would settle down as she got used to us and her new home. But when we got Demetri 2 months ago it only brought out the difference between them that much more. I know some rabbits are easily excitable and that it can lead to weak hearts. Should I be worried for her health? Is it possible that she might have a shorter life for being so scared all the time? :cry2

You should get a place for her in the cage where she could be alone, like a box or tunnel...

My Oreo is like that. I brought her to the vet when she was like 5 or 6 months. The vet told me "She's a fast breather" thats all he said though. Oreo is a bit of a nervous rabbit too.. She has always been happy and healthy. Even when she is doing the dead bunny flop she's breathing a bit harder than Bugs.

Something else to consider might be heat stress.

BunBun has got me concerned with his fast breathing this summer (his first). Gave him a hair cut which has helped some. He didn't breathe like this during cooler weather.

Booger does not have this issue.

Oh, and BunBun is the mellow one with Booger being the "high energy" bunny.

Latest posts

Back