Really worried about bumper....CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im so glad to hear that this is being resolved. Bless you Zin for being so helpful to a new bunny owner. I agree that this bunny is getting a much better shot with Krickette than he would have with the man on the side of the road who sold him.

I dont think anyone was trying to be mean. People were just concerned that she wasnt taking the situation seriously or trying to make arrangements to have something done. Everyone here understands that times are tough all around and its not always possible to get top notch veterinary care, but people atalso dont want to see an animal suffer. Everyone apologized for misunderstanding the situation so lets move on.

I think we're all glad the bunny is getting good care and attention. Krickette, he's a very lucky bunny to have met you. His fate otherwise would have been much worse.

Please keep us posted on his progress!

Haley

PS. Be sure to add this guy's contact name and info to our rabbit savvy vet list. Sounds like a standup guy!

I'm not going to comment on what happened earlier, but Krickette, I think you're a good bunny mama and want to help your little bunny! Please don't be too hurt. How are you dealing with the news of Bumper's injury? That's so sad, poor little one. I wonder how the injury happened. Zin, do you think it's related to what we all thought was the "baby walk" a few days ago? What's going to happen to Bumper now, what will his future be like? Zin, thank you so much for helping Krickette and Bumper! You are the best.

:hug: to Krickette and little Bumper!

Wow he sounds like a fantastic vet :)Krickette don't blame yourself how were you to know that your bun had problems when you got him its never easy especially when you haven't had one before. and it sounds like he is gonna get the best care out there to help him. I hope it all goes well.

Also need to put this in I sometimes think we don't know quite how lucky we are in the UK as its so much smaller than the US when I hear how far some of you have to take your bunnies for good vet care its pretty astounding!

Zin what a woman! not many would have gone out of their way like you!!

I hope he is doing ok any updates ?

polly wrote:
Also need to put this in I sometimes think we don't know quite how lucky we are in the UK as its so much smaller than the US when I hear how far some of you have to take your bunnies for good vet care its pretty astounding!
You are right there, Polly. Even though I have found a couple of rabbit savvy vets nearby (thanks to Stan) they are few and far between. Also, the UK is lucky to be able to get insurance for rabbits - we can't here!

Krickette, I am so sorry that you have had all this trouble with Bumper - it was obvious you loved him, and you gave him a chance when he wouldn't otherwise have had one. Thanks to you and Zin, he can now get the special care he needs.

Jan

polly wrote:
Polly - just to put things into perspective for you...

If I go to the closest vet that will treat rabbits - my office visit cost is $35. My gas cost (there and back) is another $30. That's without any tests or meds.

If I go to the vet I'd LIKE to go to....its $40 office visit (if I remember right) - plus $65 in gas - plus a six and a half hour trip ... round trip - for the bunny.

That's also without tests or meds.

So yeah...it can be tough sometimes - depending upon where you live.

TinysMom wrote:
polly wrote:
Polly - just to put things into perspective for you...

If I go to the closest vet that will treat rabbits - my office visit cost is $35. My gas cost (there and back) is another $30. That's without any tests or meds.

If I go to the vet I'd LIKE to go to....its $40 office visit (if I remember right) - plus $65 in gas - plus a six and a half hour trip ... round trip - for the bunny.

That's also without tests or meds.

So yeah...it can be tough sometimes - depending upon where you live.

AND Peg have to add this you are lucky enough to have your own transport to make the choice with!! How hard would that be if you don't drive :shock:

I have 2 vets close to me the one I use has a local surgery literally 10 mins walk away for anything more serious its a 10 min drive to their hospital down in STirling and the other one is a 5 min drive away in doune. The one I use that has the hospital in stirling also does a transport down from dunblane if you dont drive!!

I honestly can't imagine how stressful you must find it over there when you have abunny emergency!!

Sorry for hijacking thread :p

Polly, I'm the same, I always forget how lucky I am as well. Our vets are literally a 5min walk, and are part of a large group of vets that have about 6 branches all over Bristol, and also run the 24-hour hospital which is about a ten minute drive in the centre, and all the vets etc are linked so it doesnt matter where you go, they'll always have the history and know the bunny... Not to mention the buses, taxis etc I could get if I needed to! The US looks big on a map but it's only since being a member here I can begin to comprehend just how big it is lol! I only wish everyone was as lucky as me and Polly....

Sorry for the continued hijacking lol...:?

Krickette, I'm thinking of you. Such a rough thing to have to deal with so soon into bunny ownership. I'm thankful for that amazing vet who's done so much to help..... :hug:

Latest posts

Back