really light poop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATH

Reaction score
I noticed this morning as well as this afternoon that Harvey's litter box has some really light poos, almost a yellowish color (kinda). Not all but a good amount of them. They seem very dry!

Anyone seen this before? I could take a picture if needed :)
Is this bad? Perhaps he is dehydrated? (though I highly doubt it). Or he is eating more hay that usual, but that would be good right?

Only change in diet/environment is the introduction to alfalfa sprouts, though I have been feeding them for about a week before this started...

Oh Oh! I just thought of something, he hasn't been eating as much pellets this week. Usually I feed 1/2 cup of every night, but he hasn't had very many this week.

Okay well any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated :)

MATH wrote:
I noticed this morning as well as this afternoon that Harvey's litter box has some really light poos, almost a yellowish color (kinda). Not all but a good amount of them. They seem very dry!

Anyone seen this before? I could take a picture if needed :)
Is this bad? Perhaps he is dehydrated? (though I highly doubt it). Or he is eating more hay that usual, but that would be good right?

Only change in diet/environment is the introduction to alfalfa sprouts, though I have been feeding them for about a week before this started...

Oh Oh! I just thought of something, he hasn't been eating as much pellets this week. Usually I feed 1/2 cup of every night, but he hasn't had very many this week.

Okay well any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated :)
in general,,what is offered is the end result.//i would limit any alfalfa//.use a crock for daily water--so you can better judge quanity drank.//.unlimited hay daily..ie.timothy/orchard grass,,low fat quality pellets-(one oz.per # of bun.daily)--use your ear to tummy or a stethescope,listen to the gi tract--massage if necessary--working from tummy to exit area---any loud intrusive noise equals pain,,you can offer/simethecone-for infants//.offer some fruit tree branches/twigs...let me know..sincerely james wealler:wave:

If they are small and dry, it could be a bit of a gut slowdown. I'd give some Bene-Bac and try to get some more water into him, perhaps by flavoring it and/or offering pedialyte as well. It is shedding season, and I see some of these drier poos before a big string of hairy poos sometimes (eew). If they're normal-sized, just a different color, it could be from eating a different type of hay or more hay than normal. By changing up his diet, reducing pellets, he may be eating more hay (which is a good thing!).

Latest posts

Back