Really bad bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponyta

Reaction score
I just adopted Jack and Lily last week, and they're adjusting great. Very friendly, except after I clipped toe nails, then not so much...

Lily though, she's been eating carpet A LOT. I can't get her to knock it off. I've tried loud noises, scooting her butt away from it, putting her back into the cage. Nothing has worked. For some reason she likes to chow down on it.

Now she's getting jack involved. Great.

Anyway, besides that she's been awful to Jack. She's not spayed, he's altered. And he's chill with it. She beats the crud out of him, though. I thought it was cause their cage was small, and it is, and they don't have enough room to get away from each other, but even when they're out for hours (god she needs to stop eating my carpet I'm going INSANE) she still insists on tearing out his butt hair.

Now they're both eating it. Fantastic.

Ugh. So, she's chinned everything in the room, circles me, beats her boyfriend black and blue, and rattles her water bottle against the cage.

Is this just because she's hormonal?

She's a chewer, but she has a lot of apple sticks, wood and cardboard to sample. She doesn't eat my furniture, doesn't eat my cords. Eats my rug.

They got back from the sitter last night and they said she chased their dog around while Jack chose to cuddle with it. :/

But she'll let me do nose rubs, and will tooth purr for me and then she'll get up quickly, thump and run off.

I'm sure everyone else here will recommend getting her spayed. That SHOULD change her personality by getting her to calm down, but that's never a guarantee.

Can you get a large piece of carpet and encourage them to chew on that? You might just have to end up confining them to a certain part of a room.

Have you tried non chewing sprays like bitter apple pet spray? If its safe for then a small amount on area she beginning to chew on might discourage her.

You could also craft a cheap wood and tile flooring, and confine them to this area. what i am doing, is making a large floor of coroplast, and stick on tile's, and building a pen around that.

If thats out of your reach now, you could just cover their play area with old blanket, one you dont mind sacrificing, best of luck

Back