REALLY angry at my brother right now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Everything has been going great with BunBun, butjust now when cuddling with him on the ground I noticed he looked likeher had a tuft of fur missing on his back, so I blow into the fur andthere is this huge scab! It's all red and peeling! I was reallyhorrified and my brother tells me that about 5 days ago he was making acup of coffee and while pouring the hot water some 'splashed' down ontothe ground and the rabbit happened to be there.

I am so furious right now :mad:, I told him to get out of the house asI don't want to see his face until I calm down. He boards with mypartner and I and he's done nothing but break the house rules lately.This is the last straw! How dare he hurt my rabbit and then not eventell me? What if it had needed immediate medical atention and I'd hadno idea?

The scab on the rabbit looks pretty well healing but I'll take him tothe vet anyway just in case. Bloody hell I'm fuming so much right now!Arrrrg!

Oh, Minilops, I'm so sorry! I wouldn'tlet him around my house for awhile. Does he talk negativeabout your rabbit, or rabbits (animals in general-ever?).Hopefully it really was just an accident.:mad:

I guess its not just me that is over protectiveof their bun. Seems any new person that is around stresses me outprobly more than it does for Bud =P

Oh wow, Hun...that's aweful!! And forhim to not even TELL you...that's just callous toward both your bun ANDyou! I think that would be it for me and letting him staywith me. :X

Keep us updated on how BunBun's doing, ok?

Hugs and love your guys' way!! :)

Rosie*

Hello again,

It seems my brother, Chris, is very upset and sorry. He was toofrightened to tell me. He is always really nice to the bunnies and hasnever said a word againts them so I am going to try and forgive him onthis one, but he is paying for the vet bill :nono. He was sure I'd kickhim out of the house if he told me! As if I'd do that to him, but Isure would have been a lot less angry if he had told me right away.

BunBun himself is perfectly happy and isn't worried about the scab atall that I can tell. Chris has been living here for a lot longer thanthe bunny so I guess it's taken him a while to get used to a rabbitunder-foot. Even I find myself almost tripping over BunBun sometimes ashe is so tiny, he's barely a couple of pounds and he is so quick! I'vemade a new rule now, no boiling water or any other dangerous hot foodetc in the kitchen while the rabbit is out, he must be put in his cagefirst and that applies even to me.

Poor BunBun has had a bad week, what with losing his manhood and nowthis, I'm surprised he isn't terrified of us now...he doesn't even carethat he got hurt, he's such a good boy and I feel so rotten for him, hemust have been in some pain with the burn :cry3.

I've borrowed his cam to take a pic as my memory card is busted.

My poor baby :(, we are going to the vets in an hour. It looks a bitworse than what it probably is, the scab looks like it's going to peeloff soon.

bunbun.jpg

Aww...BunBun's such a little trooper!!

Yeah, I think the no-boiling-water-while-BunBun-is-out is a goodpolicy! I think everyone should have that policy.Heck, I won't even let my six year old daughter in the kitchen with mewhile I'm cooking! Too many things could happen...it justisn't worth it.

Glad to hear things are okay, though. Also glad to hear thatyou and your brother talked things over and things arehandled. :)

Keep us updated on BunBun's vet visit, ok? :)

Love to you both!

Rosie*

Aww Poor Bun Bun! What a rough week for the little man!

Im glad to hear your brother knows what he did was wrong and is sorryfor it. And good thing you found it! The vet will probably just giveyou something to wash it with and some cream. Hopefully its nothingserious, but Im glad your brother is paying!

Please keep us posted on how the little guy is doing! Awful week for Bun Bun!

I think its looking really good to be honest.Doesn't seem to have any infection or swelling and for 5 days ago for aburn on really thin skin i'd say its doing great.

Thanks everyone! Yep he is a little trooper,considering I've been patting his back until now and he never actedlike there was anything painful on there. It's just a scab now, itdoesn't feel hot or look bloody or have any pus so that must be a goodsign. Still going to go to the vet just in case. It isn't puffy or'wet' or anything like that.

Will his hair grow back there do you think? Never burnt myself anywherethat I was hairy (thank goodness :D) so I wouldn't really know.

There's some really cheap creams you canget. Dunno if they're fine for rabbit though. Burnsget infected pretty easy. I'm sure you can google something.

It just depends how severe the burn is. If itburns that hair cuticule (make a cm or 2 below the skin) then it'll notgrow back. But if it was just a top layer single or 2nd degree burn itmore than likely will grow back. Since it was hot water I think it'dprobly only be a 1 or 2 anyway and at the rate it healed i'd say a1.So my guess would be yea it'll grow back.

Latest posts

Back