Re-introduction. Hi!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuckerandGusGus

Danielle
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wanted to re-introduce myself and Tucker.. we also have gotten a new bun who I’d like to introduce to you guys as well! I actually disappeared from the forums for a little bit; some other things got the best of my time… trying to search for a cat that was lost during a transport… putting together a search team from a different state can be pretty tricky and of course time consuming. But, good news is, after 2 and a half months of being lost he was finally captured! & he will be on his way to me just this upcoming weekend! I couldn’t be happier & I couldn’t be any more excited & anxious about it!

Anyways, I’m Danielle! I just turned 25, and I live in Massachusetts. I am a big animal advocate… trying to save animals that are in kill shelters, it breaks my heart to see them there. I not only have my 5 cats, and 2 dogs, and 2 bunnies. But I foster kitties, too.. I always have atleast two to three kitties in my house that I am fostering, they come and they go pretty fast. Mostly adopted pretty fast.. actually just adopted out one this morning, and I have two adult kitties and one of them had 6 kittens, so I get to experience the whole newborn kitty thing!! Hehe. :) It’s a great experience and what a journey!! They are 3 weeks old as of last Thursday!! I love them to pieces, they will be hard to let go.

On to my buns… Tucker is my baby that I got back in February, I actually didn’t even want a new bunny.. I had one bunny that I had for 10 to 12 years, he passed away this past August… and I was heartbroken, but he was an old guy and he lived a long and healthy life, full of happiness. I wasn’t sure I wanted another bun… but one day browsing craigslist I saw a free bunny posted on craigslist, and was in contact with that lady, but I didn’t like the vibe I got from the lady, so as I was still browsing, I ended up finding an ad posted for 2 little baby lionhead bunnies.. only 8 weeks, she wanted $25 for him, but gave him to me for free because I promised pictures and everything.

null_zps3871c30a.jpg

null_zpsd9c31628.jpg

Once I saw his face I was instantly in love & there was no going back. I actually was very very bummed out at one point.. picking him up was an experience all in itself. But it worked out! <3 I knew I&#8217;d eventually want to get him neutered, and of course when I saw his picture and talked to the lady about taking him in, I read a bunch up about bunnies&#8230; with my bunny prior I was only 11 or so when we got him, so I actually didn&#8217;t take care of him the way everywhere says to, and I actually feel guilty every day for it. But he did live long, and that&#8217;s all that matters! & I know he was happy&#8230; I just gotta keep reminding myself that. I was just so lucky he had no health issues. I knew eventually I&#8217;d have to get Tucker neutered to stop anything behavioral, but he actually is only about 5months old now and he hasn&#8217;t ever showed anything behavioral, no pee marking, no humping, nothing..

Moving on, I again was browsing craigslist, and saw another free bunny ad&#8230; it broke my heart completely; and it wasn&#8217;t the first time I had seen this poor bun listed on craigslist, I just felt the need to save him. & Yes, I said him.. I named him GusGus, his name WAS Thumper. He is a lop&#8230; basically the lady just wanted to get rid of him. When I talked to her on the phone she said she was living at her father in law&#8217;s house with the bunny, but had to move, and when she moved she couldn&#8217;t take the bunny, and he had to stay at her father in laws, but he didn&#8217;t want it.. he actually didn&#8217;t let him out of the cage, or even do anything with him at all.. and that was for the last 5 months!!! Poor Gus hasn&#8217;t ever even had HAY before me!! Now of course he LOVES his hay! And he loves everything else too, especially veggies! <3 The lady said everytime she saw her FIL he basically would ask if she found anyone for the bunny, or if he could just get rid of him&#8230; don&#8217;t ask me how he would&#8217;ve &#8220;just gotten rid of him&#8221; but I was not happy hearing that. She bought him completely impulsively at a fair, he was only 7 weeks old they said!!! SEVEN weeks?! UGH!!! I just can&#8217;t stand it. Anyway, he is now HOME and he is doing REALLY well.. he doesn&#8217;t like for me to pick him up &#8211; he has even boxed at me for trying &#8211; which I thought was kinda funny.. but it&#8217;s also upsetting, haha. I am working on his trust, and I don&#8217;t blame him for not trusting me 100%. But he&#8217;s definitely improving, he comes out to see me now and does a few nose bonks.

null_zps8376eb17.jpg

null_zps4b1bef96.jpg

Obviously Tucker & GusGus are separated for now&#8230; they got neutered last Friday, together. & have ACCIDENTLY spent some time together when GusGus escaped his cage, and Tucker got over his new pen. I left Tucker out because I wanted to see if he could get over it, because he is an escape artist, but APPARENTLY I have two escape artist&#8217; on my hand.

I know my story isn&#8217;t as exciting as everyone elses.. or as heart warming as everyone elses, I do have a bunny blog called &#8220;The Adventures of Tuck&#8230;&#8221; that you can check out! I am actually going to be creating a new one, I will let you all know what that one is called when I create it.. I think it&#8217;s a good idea since I have my GusGus now. <3

Last edited:
Oh I'm so happy you got GusGus!! It's heart breaking the number of rabbits in the same situation, somebody buys them impulsively not knowing what they're getting into and then they end up just dumping them in shelters or abandoning them. They are both lovely :) I look forward to the Gus blog!

Alright, so if anyone is interested you can read up about my buns on "The Adventures of Tuck..." and I just started a new one to continue on with my new guy a little more included, too... thats called "A Lion and a Lop.. Tucker & GusGus" I hope to see you all there!!

Latest posts

Back