Re-Breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSAR

Reaction score
I have a quick question.

When my sister and I breed Minnie, our EL, how long are we supposed to wait before we rebreed her again after the first breeding to make sure she took?

I have heard 4 hours, 6 hours, and 8 hours and I am thinking its 8 hours.

Thanks!

Amanda

A scientific study was done on this very subject.I believe itwas published in the Domestic Rabbits magazine over a year ago.

Breed within 1 hour of the first breeding.

Pam

I find that rebreeding question rather tricky. Is there anything to be said about just letting them run around for the day in a large enclosure or the garden? Would it be bad if they mated to often?

I hope you can get yours to take. I can't get my ELsto do anything but fight right now. Kind of frustrating. Ive tried 3 times now. Good Luck!:)

Sabine wrote:
I find that rebreeding question rather tricky. Is there anything to be said about just letting them run around for the day in a large enclosure or the garden? Would it be bad if they mated to often?
You never want to leave them unattended. They can actually "turn" on each other and injure or kill themselves or their mate. I have had a doe kill a buck before. Not fun.

Sharon

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Sabine wrote:
You never want to leave them unattended. They can actually "turn" on each other and injure or kill themselves or their mate. I have had a doe kill a buck before. Not fun.

Sharon
I wasn't really thinking of walking away but stay around for the day to watch the dynamics. I would just like to not force them on each other but do it when they feel like it.
But coming back to the topic of the thread: So you should rebreed an hour later and then wait and see or should you keep trying until the doe shows signs of rejecting the advances?
I remember reading about the eight hours somewhere too

Thanks everyone!!! We will rebreed with the hour then.

Yes I hope she takes! We are breeding her next Monday!

Latest posts

Back