RBIS!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarzoo

Reaction score
I took four rabbits to a show yesterday. It wasa wonderful show! We had a great turnout, over 1000 rabbits entered(great numbers for a late season local show) and good weather.

I took Uno, my Checkered and Gobo, Wimbley and Mokey my fuzzy babies. Ihad been keeping a close eye on the fuzzies weights, as they have to beat least 1 and 3/4 pounds. Two of them weren't quite that the day ofthe show, but I decided to bring them anyways, as there are only twoshows left until they break for the summer down here because of theheat. Gobo was right on the mark, Mokey was over the minumum, butWimbley was only 1.5 pounds.

When I got to the show, after I checked in and was doing a finalgrooming- I had flipped Gobo over and got a shock! The gender fairy hadvisited Gobo over night!! The night before he seemed obviously boy andyesterday s/he was obviously girl! Arghhh! I was, thank goodness, ableto switch it before the judging started.

Guess what!?!? In Show B, Uno took RESERVE BEST IN SHOW!!!!! I am SOOOOexcited and proud of him!! I've never won anything in the Best In Showbefore, though I've had several fuzzies get close over the years. Andfor a Checkered in Florida to take Reserve, unheard of (especially ajunior)!! The judges around here hate to see me and my friend (we dothe Checkereds together) coming with the checkereds up to the table. Weget lots of rolled eyes from other exhibitors and people come gatheraround the table just to see what the rabbits will 'do' to the judges.(They have a very bad reputation around here- about their attitudes,i.e.- giant biters) I have been working daily with Uno to teach him torun nicely on the table. He is such a lovey boy, too. No biting! LoL!The judge was from out of state (Maryland). I went up to her after theshow and thanked her for giving a Checkered a chance. She told me shehad a close friend that used to breed them and many ended up spendingtime in her barn. What a nice change! I think the reason why our localjudges don't like the Checkereds is because they have very little or noexperience with them and don't trust their judgement.

The fuzzy lops did awesome, too. Wimbley (the, now only, fawn buck) gotDQ'ed both shows for being underweight, which I expected, but I gotsome great comments on him- I am excited to see how he matures. Mokey,the lightly marked blue tort doe, took Best of Variety (broken) Juniorin Show A and Best of Variety (broken) overall in Show B! She even beatout all the seniors! The judge said she couldn't take breed over thebest solid due to maturity. Not bad for a nine week old! Gobo also didvery well, just needs to grow a little.

Sorry I rambled so long! But I was just so excited!!!
:colors: :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors:

clarzoo wrote:
When I got to the show, after I checked in and was doing a finalgrooming- I had flipped Gobo over and got a shock! The gender fairy hadvisited Gobo over night!! The night before he seemed obviously boy andyesterday s/he was obviously girl! Arghhh! I was, thank goodness, ableto switch it before the judging started.
Gratz! Gobo girl?!!?!?! Oh man!

:happybunny:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We didn't do that well, glad to hear some did!!!!!

:elephant::bunnydance::colors::pet::flowerskiss::airborne::happyday::party0002::group:

Okay I will stop playing.

Bren

Hey That's Awesome....I remember when I tookBRIS for the first time, the judge said, "and the Dutch isReserve". All I remember is thinking, wow a dutch, wonderwhose it was....DUH!!!

Anyways, CONGRATS!!!! BTW, who was the judge from Maryland?

Sharon

Thanks, guys! I'm still on cloud nine from this.

The judge was Freda Kraus. I think I spelled her name right. She alsodid a brief youth seminar about Mini Satins. I listened in to some ofit and it was pretty informative. She brought up some Florida Whitesand some REW Mini Satins, contrasting and comparing them. The kidsseemed into it.

Congrats on your win!

Freda is an excellent judge and if that rabbit got BRIS he sure has

heck deserved it.

I got my start in mini-rex with stock from Freda. She has awesome rabbits.

Roger

I wish she had judged one of my breeds, but theonly time I got to see her work was for the Best In Show judging. Shereally seemed to know her stuff and knew exactly what she did or didn'tlike. I chatted with her for a bit about Checkereds after the show andI really enjoyed talking to her. I hope to see her at more shows, butMaryland to Florida is a heck of a trip!

I love getting non-local judges. They try to get at least one out of state judge at each bigger show.

Latest posts

Back