Rattle in Holland does chest.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redthunderrabbits

Reaction score
I currently live in New York State we are covered in snow at the time. I left the state to go to KY and came home to find one of my three month old Holland lop does coughing and it has a rattle in its chest apparently it has been like this the entire time I was gone which was a week today. A fellow breeder gave me a paper that said to try a remedy of cream soda. I figured well ill try anything once. (I use taryamicin) But nothing helped! And I love her ton!! So I decided to take her to the vet this afternoon. My question is what could have caused this? She was in a heated barn and none of the animals around her have been sick. She’s in my house now so she’s far away from the others but I Am concerned.

Hi there, I would be concerned too, it sounds very likely she has some sort of respiratory distress. Even if there's no discharge from her nose she may have pneumonia. Sounds like she needs that vet visit for sure and maybe a course of proper antibiotics. I would stay away from 'cream soda' or anything with sugar, it can make it worse.

Even in a heated barn there can be cold drafts, sometimes this just happens. You won't know for sure what happened / caused this until the vet can tell you, so keep us posted on how that goes.

Latest posts

Back