Rate my MIXED rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nut

Reaction score
Hope this is okay, or in the right place...

Just as something fun, I thought for those of us with mixies we could have a "rate my rabbit" for other qualities. Other than body, we could do uniqueness of coat, maybe stance compared to closest breed (not taken as seriously), disposition, cleanliness (as far as not being covered in heavy urine), bright eyes, and good size (weight). Some ideas from Pam. :)

You could add your bunny's breed, a brief description of their personality,theirweight,and any other information you have. You could include a photo of:

o Any miscellaneous picture of your rabbit, that best shows their personality.

oA picturethat shows their side.

o A picture that shows their face, if the above doesn't.

o A picture that shows them in best stance you can get compared to base breed, or just a proud bunny. :biggrin2:

Now remember this can't be taken too seriously because they are just pictures, and mixes can't be done as well, this is all for fun. Now show me those mixes!

Good idea Nut! I'll start I guess, lol.

Here's my buck, Magic (he's the rabbit hopper!). I was told by some others that he looks to be American Sable crossed with Dutch and something else? At his first "real" show, the judge loved his markings, so he got Judges' Award and Champion out of a HUGE class. Oh boy was I happy, lol.

Edited to add: He is a colour mix with chocolate in some places (believe to be his part of American Sable?) He has black and then white.

Edited to add Again: He weights 5 1/2 pounds as of yesterday's show....and I'm pretty sure as of this pic.

ShowpicsBlueprint003.jpg

I love what I can see of his markings - can you share more photos - like maybe of his face/front type photo and I don't know - a couple of others so we can see his body type better?

I love the black and white combinations (specifically I love the vienna marked rabbits that are black w/ the white markings)....they are often so unique in their pattern. I know you said he's Dutch - it just made me think of the other black/white ones I've seen.

Peg

The coat looks fabulous and has a nice, healthy gloss! I can see why your rabbit did so well in its class!

Pam

Thanks Peg and Pam! Yup I'll add some more photos! The second one is of him (on the right) with his daughter (J.J.; on the left) She had the exact same markings on him just they were on the opposite shoulder.

UPdatedpicturesofBunniesMagicAutumn.jpg

SoManyBunniesSolittletime021.jpg

Edited to Add: Sorry for the big pics! If someone can make them smaller that'd be great; I tried to, but they just grew again. lol.

Thanks Pam; Yes he has such a fabulous coat; it's very shiny and glossy.

Well as I've told you before, Karlee (when I was over, lol) Rayne looks like a bit of a Checkered Giant, possibly some Rhinelander?And Butter maybe has some Flemish Giantin her. They are really getting big now. How old are they?

Well I told you that Rayne looked like Rhinelander and Butter like Flemish Giant. But I think Rayne looks sort of like a Checkered Giant, but she has a lot more spots than they do.

Wow they still have a lot of growing too do! Don't you have another bunny? I don't think you introduced him, lol.

Emily

Rayne looks strikingly "Polish" like. Definitely not Rhinelander nor Checkered Giant in any way shape or form ;)

Hard to guess on Buttercup- how much does Buttercup weigh? Are Buttercup and Rayne related?

Pam

pamnock wrote:

Rayne looks strikingly "Polish" like. Definitely not Rhinelander nor Checkered Giant in any way shape or form ;)

How can you tell its Polish and not Nethie? Ears? Head? Body? Just curious as I can never undertand the difference between them. Is Rayne a broken black then?

Hard to guess on Buttercup- how much does Buttercup weigh? Are Buttercup and Rayne related?
They remind me of the Netherland dwarfs that don't get the dwarfing gene - would that be a possibility? My Tio is one of those...

Peg

Pam

I found some pics of Rayne and Butter on my photobucket from when they were visiting. The first one is Buttercup; I think she looks quite a bit like a Flemish Giant in this pic:

RayneButtercup006.jpg

I did have a pic of Rayne next to our polish doe, Savannah, but I deleted it :( but Rayne is about 2x the size of Savannah.

Emily

Buttercup and Rayne are around 4-5 pounds and they are 4 or 5 months old. I think they may be related but I'm not sure. This is Karlee I'm on BlueSkyAcres acount because I forgot my password and I'm at her house.

Peg, if I remember right, brokens are a new color in Nethies. Also, Polish don't have the massive round heads and pose a little lower. Nethies pose more upright. I think they are supposed to have different fur types too, I'm not entirely sure.

Rayne would be a mix, his ears are too big and he looks big in general, but he does look pretty Polish.

Naturestree, they're both girls, lol.

I can't really see the Polish in them. I've told Karlee a few times that they look like Flemish/Checkereds because of their sizes; even though they're still growing. It's possible they have Polish/Nethie in them; that's what she (karlee) thought at first when they were little. Their ears are just WAY too big to be a Nethie or Polish.

Emily

Their ears aren't very long for giant breeds, or even for the larger commercial breeds. How much do they weigh now? I'm betting they won't go much over 6 lbs as adults.

Here's a picture of one of our Polish:

The Polish have a flyback coat - Netherlands have rollback and are smaller than Polish.

From what Emily is describing, they are a lot larger than they appear in the photos, however, a 4 lb. + Polish would not be unheard of.

If the two are related, Polish is unlikely to have a fawn in the gene pool.

At 4-5 months old, they are way too small to be Flemish or Checkered (they are about the size of 10 week old Flemish/Checkered and the broken doesn't have a pattern like the Checkered.

Possibly Heinze 57 ;)

Pam

Latest posts

Back