Rare and special visitor to our garden

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsterz09

Reaction score
Managed to get some good pics of a rare visitor to our garden today! I was real chuffed to get to see it so close. It's a female sparrowhawk and you'll find out why she was hanging around in the pics.

piccies165.jpg

piccies161.jpg

and here is what she was after:

piccies173.jpg

piccies193.jpg

She'd caught a collard dove and then left it in the garden, it was really close to where the buns were so, i tried to move it nearer to where she was perched in the tree but, then she wouldn't get it so I moved it back and she soon moved in to claim it!
It might not be everyone's favourite thing but to me it was a marvelous experiance! :biggrin2:

Awesome!

One time a red tailed hawk flew over the fence on one side of our yard with a dove in its talons, landed on our grass, and took off over the fence on the other side.

It was really cool to see.

kirsterz09 wrote:
It certainly was a cool experiance, I'm a huge bird of prey fan, I did a falconry experiance last year and got to fly a eagle!
I am too!

I absolutely love birds of prey. They are majestic and beautiful.
Great pictures, thanks for sharing! What an awesome thing to witness.

yay someone to share my love of them with! If I can find them I have some pics of the falconry experiance I did somewhere, If your interested i'll post them on here.

wow! i wish i was in your garden!
about half a mile away from my house, a pair of breeding buszzards are nesting and a few months ago i saw one fly over head. it was really speacial.
and i few months ago ASWELL an injured collared dove fell in to our garden and had a gash in its side from i guess a buzzard. it died despite my efforts.
whoa, there lovely pics aswell

thanks i'm gonna try and find the pics of my falconry experiance and post them on here if I can, let me know if you'd like to see them!

I love the hawks - awesome photos!

We are lucky to also have a number of bald eagles in our area as well as ospreys.

Pam

there only a few in ireland as far as my limited knowalge of ospreys in ireland goes. lol
i think its class they way the get the fish with such speed

It is pretty amazing I had some pics of them from when I went to Florida but I can't find the disk :( I'll be sure to take some more of them when I next go in Jan if I see any.

irishlops wrote:
oh i love ospreys!
Will and I just saw three of them while bird watching at a marsh not too far away from here. We were walking out on the dike and there was this HUGE bird of prey just flying around, minding its own business, then it stopped, hovered, then dove in the water and caught a fish! It was really something to see!

Back