Raphael's photo thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassetluv

Reaction score
Here's some pics of Raph...he is getting aroundokay; when he hops it is sometimes a little bit of a 'sidewaysshuffle', as he favors his right hind leg, but other than that seems tonot be having any pain. I have an outdoor run for him but also allowhim to roam the yard when I'm out there too. He does do what I call'mini-binkys'...he will twist his head and body but not really leavethe ground to any degree...but at least I know he's enjoying himself! Iwill update with more pics as I get them. :)

Here he is, lying outside my garden:

nexttothegarden.jpg

Displaying one of those big feet of his:

bigfoot.jpg

And with Kaya, my dog (she was so humiliated, having to share a pic with a lowly rabbit!):

RaphandKaya.jpg

And one I'll toss in that isn't of Raph, but I thought was kindacute...my cat, Fritz, lying on the outodoor barbeque (oh, the life of acat is soooo tough!):

YAWN.jpg

He is gorgeous. I am so glad he hassettled in and can still show you how happy you have made him. He's oneof a kind.

Love the look on Kaya's face, she is not impressed lmbo.

That kitty needs to relax once in awhile :p.

Tina

That boy's feet look like they pack a punch. Better watch yourself around him. You show Kaya who's boss, Raph!

LOL...it was kind of funny yesterday...I tookRaphael out to show my neighbor, and while he was holding him (who wasabsolutely stunned at his ears, never having seen an Elop before) ayoung boy was riding by on his bicycle and nearly fell off when hecaught a glimpse of Raph! Those ears are proving to be show-stoppersfor sure.

Last evening Raph spent his first night outside, and he loved it. Ihave a cage left over from the days when I had a Netherland dwarfrescue, so it's small, but for Raph it's okay as a temporary overnightaccomodation till the new cages are finished. I went out this morningand he was up and alert, just waiting for me to let him out. When hewas sleeping in the cage indoors he would be stretched out and lazy,actually quite bored I think. Now he wants to explore all the time!It's funny to see him run as his gait is sometimes a sideways shuffle(and hence, he winds up going not quite where he wants to, I think),but it's so nice to see him get around.

Anyway, here's a couple more pics of him (I am so in love with his face! LOL)...

Posing for the camera:

new009.jpg

More of a closeup:

new012.jpg

And that beautiful eye I fell in love with when I first saw him in his carrier at the airport:

new011.jpg

What a Love he is. look at them EARS!!!!! I amso In love ,

Tea bag his eyesto clear up thatgookey eye thing beforeit gets worse ,

It may be nothing buteye slime but, whytake the chance withthem awsome eyes .

Thanks Gypsy...I wiped both his eyes with a mildsolution a few hours after I took the pics (he had it in both eyes),and it hasn't reappeared. I figured something was irritating the tearducts and it could have been the start of an infection. It was actuallya bit firm, like it was crusting over, but the warm water/boric acidsolution seemed to take care of it. So tea bags will have the sameeffect? I never knew that! And hasn't he got the most soulful eyes? :D

EEEM, I actually read the other day that the Elop is nicknamed the 'basset hound' of the rabbit world! LOL

Soooska, Raph is still a junior (just turned 5months), so he should still have a bit of maturing to do. I don't knowexactly how much he weighs right now as I don't have a scales, but hefeels to be around 4.5--5 lbs or so. I suspect he is a bitunderweight/small for his type. I do know that an adult male Elopshould reach around 10 lbs...so it remains to be seen how Raph does.He's a wee bit 'bony'...not really fleshy and filled out like somerabbits...though his belly is nice and round. I'm hoping he will fillout a bit, but will have to watch his weight because of the problemwith his hind legs...

He is really a doll - makes me want one -
Of course, when I see everyones beautiful pictures of your buns, I want one of every kind!:inlove:

Latest posts

Back