Ramps

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommysmommy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good ideas for homemade ramps that they can share? Preferrably nothing that requires a lot of tools, wood cutting, ect. (I live in an apartment and don't really have access to that kind of stuff.)

OR, where can I find ramps (online) at a good price? Are there any that are compatible with NIC cages? My bunny has the ability to jump up on the second level, but I figured it would just be better to have a ramp.

i decided against ramps cuz they take up too much room in their cages...but i make sure that their litter box is in the spot that they can jump into it from the second level..they always use that path now..all of my buns...theyll jump into the litter box then up to 2nd level..its just seems so much safer...

but if u have ur heart set on a ramp i have a link that has ramp ideas let me go find it...brb.

I have a ramp in Baizels cage. He LOVES it, he runs up and down it binkying lol Its wooden with flat wooden strips placed about and inch apart all the way down it so that way its like steps to him and his toes have something to grab when going up and down it.

I use those Hidey Houses that they jump on to get to second level. You can get wood or plastic ones. It's also a place that they can go hide if they want to.

Susan:)

I have used ramps in the past, but now have a sort of stair case in the cage.

What I did was over lap 2 NIC grids so they are more stable. I covered that with carpet, but you can use anything that provides a solid surface with grip. You may want to reinforce it with some wooden dowels or even thick sticks. Zip tie it in place in the cage. When you make it, make sure it will go from one level to the next, touch both levels and not be too steep.

For the stair case I have now, I just put a grid about 1/2 way between levels. It is supported with a shelving bracket (they are L shaped and about 12X14"). They are covered with coroplast that has some stuff that you can get for cupboards (it proves some traction) duct taped on. The only real hassle with this is cleaning it and if I need to fix any of it as it is at the back of the cage.

Latest posts

Back