Ramp/steps design help please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morning_Snow

Reaction score
Hi all! The other day I built the add on for Chestnut's cage with clover housed on top. Clover is happy with the new space, but she is a very active bun who loves her floor time! When I build the add-on I was pretty ditsy and didn't even think about how she would be able to return to her cage when she wants during playtime (Not only that but she would hate her cage if I had to pick her up to put her in there.) I am not great a building things nor have I built a ramp/steps before, so I would like some advice!
About the cage- the pictures show the black grids at the bottom including th bottom half of Clover's cage. The blue panel is her door and the two black panels are chestnut's door, so the ramp would have to travel up about 27 inches. I also know already that I am going to make the width of the ramp to be around 11 inches, all I need to know is the height the board will have to be so that it is not too steep for her. Also would I need some supports for her not to bend/break the board? I already know how i'm going to hook it up to the cage. Also what are my best options for traction?
I have not much considered steps, I feel personally it might take more building and wood but at the same time might be safer. Some ideas about steps would be appreciated too!
Thank you!
(Also do no worry about the open top on a grid and a half height on Clover's cage, she has not hopped since she was a baby and I have been watching her closely)

For some reason it's flipped on here and not the computer, also excuse the mess I havent had time t vacuum

Do you have extra grids?
I assume the bunnies don't go out at the same time, so the ramp/steps will just be put in place when it is time for Clover to come out.
I was thinking you could easily make steps with grids. Just build a grid 'tower' that is two grids tall. (Put something solid on the top so Clover can step on it.) Then have a 1 grid box right up against the 2 grid tower.
You put the 2-grid tall tower right up to Clover's open door. Then put the 1-grid box beside it (also with something solid on top). Just 2 hops and she is down to the floor.

Latest posts

Back