ramp height?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbaxter

Reaction score
What is i safe height for the buns to climb ,jump, down and up? We have a hutch in a shed and thought about making a ramp so they could climb up to another level roof of hutch is probably 3 ft approx,is that too high?:)

Depends on the size of your rabbit to some extent. I think for regular hopping, a bun could comfortable hop 6 inches (like the height of steps) repeatedly in a day. If you are building a ramp to go 3 feet up, the ramp should be long enough so that the incline is 45 degrees or less. Anything more than 45 degrees and I think it would be quite difficult to go down. It is easier for a rabbit to go up than down because they hold their strength in their hind legs.

Great thanks, but hutch sits down one side of a 4ft wide shed so only 2 ft to play with unless the steps have a turn in them ?

Bunnies will cope fine with a turn. Mine have a 1' jump onto a box, a 4" jump on to a shelf, then turn 180 and pop up through a hole through the bottom of the hutch.

You could combine the two, have jump up to a ramp...

Have you got a picture it's a bit hard to imagine :)

Latest posts

Back