RAINBOW BRIDGE (2006 - CLOSED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry... :tears2:

In memory of Perry and Amy ... both much-loved bunnies. Thanks to Jan and Mummelfor making their livesso very happy. And vice versa.

You'll be missed down here, little ones, but may your joy now be eternal. :pink iris:

bunnycloudstop.jpg

Perry, you were the sweetest little man I couldever have wished for. I will miss you so much - the way you always camebounding over the garden to meet me; the way you always sat under thetreat shelf at the same time every night, and if I ignored you, youwould nudge my foot until I gave in. I'll miss your Bunny 500s aroundthe room, before flopping next to Pernod, and showering her with kisses.

Pernod is so lost without you and it seems so wrong to see her on herown - you were always together. There is a huge gap in our hearts, thatwill only be filled when we meet at The Bridge. God Bless you, myspecial baby Boy. :bigtears:

PerryCloseup.jpg

Love you always, Mommy, Daddy and Pernod xx

I dont know why but looking at his picture itmade me cry. Possibly because it's getting close to the day when myfirst dog died.

I'm in tears at the moment as I writethis. All the special little sweethearts that have now passed on torainbow bridge since I've been on RO.My hearts are witheveryone, and hopefully with time, the sweet memories will come throughand the pain will dull a bit.

In the arms of the angels, you may rest till we meet again.

[align=center]:([/align]

[align=center]To All of You Who are Here, I Feel Your Pain, My Heart Aches for You.[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]I didn't know that morning
What pain the day would bring,
When you're little heart stopped beating
And I couldn't do a thing,
I'd tried so hard
But all in vain,
To try to make
You well again,
It broke my heart in two
When I saw you slip away,
You didn't want to go
You tried so hard to stay,
I saw that you were tired
And a cure was not to be,
So I held you in my arms
And cried "Pooky, Please forgive me" [/align]

[align=center]

[align=center]After onlyato short amount oftime together
The time had come for usto part,
Finally it eased your piercing pain
But it also shattered my aching heart,
If I could have one wish
A wish that would come true,
The only thing I'd wish for
Are my yesterdays with you,
I'll think about you everyday
Of that there is no doubt,
You were wonderful to live with
But so hard to live without,
Every morning when I wake
My thoughts go straight to you,
You never leave my broken heart
No matter what I do,
There's a hole in my life
That no-one can fill,
In life I love you dearly
In death I love you still,
And as I laid you be'neath the soil and clay
I laid my heart beside you
And quietly walked away. [/align]

[align=center]Goodbye my special baby. [/align]

[align=center]When your pain ended, mine had just began [/align]

[align=center]In memory of my baby Pooky[/align]

[align=center]12/13/05
[/align]

[align=center]Almost a year ago, she didnt make it to see her first x-mas.[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]Her gifts remain untouched and wraped today, I look andthem as if maybe if I keep them wraped and place them under the x-mastree again this year, when I open my eyes this x-mas morning my Pookywill be there looking back at me, anxiously waiting to tear into thosenew bright red boxes mommy and daddy and great grandma put under thetree after mommy put me to bed....[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]And all this pain in my heart will disapeare, because[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]This was all just a horrible Nightmare.....but now Im awake...[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]I Wish, I Wish,......[/align][/align]

I am sad to say that CozyAnna passed away this morning with a bad bloat.

They tried everything to keep the gut moving til tomorrow but she did not pull through.

CozyAnna,

I want to say how sorry I am letting you leave our life when we moved.But I want to say that I am very greatful to have you and Snowie in ourlife. You both are beautiful girls and I love you with all my heart.

Go and find Patches she will show you around. Watch over your sister Snowie I know that she is missing you now.

You know that yesterday was exactly one month since your sister Patches has gone to the bridge and now you had to go.

CozyAnna you are much loved by me and daddy.

In loving memory of CozyAnna
12/25/03 - 11/12/06
CozyAnnaeatinggrass1.jpg

Pipp that is cool. I am saving it. I wanted to get my GP's cremated but they wanted alot of money to do it.

For Susan's (aka irishmist) baby boy Pez

:sad:

Binky free little one :rainbow:

cheryl :pinkpansy:

It seems like this forum has lost so many sweetrabbits lately. It just hurts so bad right now. Art will come home fromwork and I'll be crying and he'll be like, "Did we lose a rabbit?"

I'll tell him, "No...we didn't. But the forum did and it hurts."

To those who lose rabbits - please know that we care and we're here for you.

Peg

The only tribute that I felt would beworthwhile for Pez would be one to share his adventures. Hewas an odd bunny who never truly believed he was a rabbit. Hehad the personality of a dog and mischievousness of a 2 year old child,and the attitude and stubbornness of a mule. My tribute youyou, you were well loved and you loved well. Remember dearheart that Cleo's butt is probably as warm as ever for you to tuck yourhead under and sleep!

IM000062b.jpg

Here are a few of his stories collected from this forum

Recently my baby boy ran past me a couple of times making a verystrange noise, it almost sounded like the noise the game Q-bertmakes... boing, boing. There does not seem to be anythingwrong and he appears quite happy. He kind of boings thenbinkies lol When he first did this I had to turn the TV offto hear where it was coming from. I have heard of grunting,growling, purring but never boinging. Anyone else ever heretheir rabbits boing?

Ilooked after an 7 month old baby today. Well Ilook after her all the time lol. Tonight afterdinner I thought I would give her a Popsicle as a treat.

Poor ole Pez (as he is known as now) heard the wrapper and came tearingout to make sure he got some of it. He has a passion forsugar free Popsicles. There was no way that I was going togive him a lick when the baby was sucking on it. Don't knowwhose germs would be worse for who!

So Pez sat on his haunches for a good 15 minutes and I swear I saw adrop of drool hanging from his mouth! He sat there sopatiently, so when the baby finished the Popsicle I wiped it off andwent to give it to Pez.

I bent over to give it to Pez and he got really excited, apparently thebaby was not finished with the Popsicle yet, she bent over towith her mouth real wide and the two of them collided. Theyboth hit their heads together and immediately sprang apart. Inever saw such a frightened look on a rabbit or a babybefore. It happened so fast, that all I could do was doubleover with laughter, making the situation worse because I scared themeven more.

Moral of the story: Make sure you get all your licks in before you get clobbered!

Today we had a dozen or so ducks come to visit. They came andstopped on our front porch for a bite to eat. We feed themquite regularly, these ducks, and/or generations of them,have been coming to this complex for well over 5 years. It isfunny, they go from house to house and one duck will go up and bang itsbeak on the door LOL. We threw out some bread tothem. They caught Pez's eye and he darted to thewindow. I swear he was a dog in another life. Hisface was pressed so close to the glass that you could see his breath,and he was shifting back and forth on his front paws, and making a lowguttural moan. So much for rabbits being timid LOL.
The ducks got spooked by a passing car and they trotted off.Seeing this, Pez thought to go with them, he started off at agreat run and was too busy watching the ducks, he ran SMACK into thewall....ROFLMAO!
We had spaghetti for dinner tonight. Pez has a good eye andran and grabbed a piece that I dropped on the floor. It wasquite a long piece and he sat there sucking it in just like tramp onlady and the tramp. It was just to funny to watch, himslurping it in and making a noise like the piggy he is. I wassorely tempted to put a meatball on the floor to see if he would rollit over to Cleo... but I probably would have ended up with a bunny withan orange chin LOL

This Bunny is gonna be the death of me. Pez our little poopdispenser, can find a TV channel changer anywhere we hide it.Short of putting them where we can never find them again, we have toremember to put them up somewhere out of reach. As I wassitting here replying to this forum, I looked around to check on thebunnies. Only to find Pez happily chewing off the buttons tothe changer, that I had hid! Now the only button left on thechanger is the down channel... Sigh... Ponders if this is a comment onmy choice of programs to watch. Well, I suppose that if hedidn't keep me occupied by making a mess in whatever he gets into, I'dhave to go and pick on my husband instead LOL

Keep those channel changers out of the way.. they are a delicious treat APPARENTLY!

My husband comes flying into the bedroom... quick grab your camera!!!!

I go tearing into the living room ( I should be thin for all the times I go tearing into the living room)

I had left my cooler bottle on the floor beside the couch and Pez had it and was dragging it across the floor!!!!

I took it off of him and he actually growled at me... not a little growl but a Pit Bull growl!!!!

It must be a full moon cuz these bunnies are nuts tonight!

I definitely have a bunny that could be prone to alcoholism LOL

Last night, I went to the fridge and got a cooler, I opened it up andas soon as it made that pop sound Pez came flying into thekitchen. He followed me into the living room practically onhis hind legs the whole way! I sat on the couch, he jumped onmy lap, I could barely take a sip without him trying to grabthe bottle! You ever tried to get a 3 lb bunny off your lap,when he does not want to... darn near impossible! Since itwas his free run time, I did not want to take that time away from himby putting him in his cage, so I went into the bedroom to have a drinkand relax. There he was at the door with his nose under thedoor and all you could hear was grunt.. snuffle, snuffle...grunt! From now on I think I am gonna have to go into thebathroom, turn on the fan to open my coolers from now on !!!

I think poor ole Pez was an alcoholic in another life!

Or I have invented a new toy for bunnies, pineapple and coconutflavoured toys, at least it would last forever cuz he can't chewthrough it LMAO j/k

You ask what was my first mistake?

I had had a very long morning, wasn't feeling the greatest so I thoughtI would lay down and catch a nap. I was just too tired towrangle the bunnies back to the cage. (they normally stay out all dayand would have been really put out had I put them to bed when it wasn'tofficially bedtime) MISTAKE #1

I was off to dreamland, oh and such a nice sleep it was. WhenI went to sleep, both rabbits were under my bed where they usually areduring that time of day. I was roused slightly when theystarted bounding on the bed. But I drifted back off again.MISTAKE #2

Again, I was roused. This time by a noise I had never heardbefore. An obscene bunch of grunts and growls. Iturned my head and rolled over to see what was going on MISTAKE#3. Just as I focus in on the bunny, he... SPRAYED ME!!!...right in the face. Well I flew off the bed, and he flew offthe bed and he had the audacity to stare me in the face with a look onhis that said "What in the heck is, your problem?"

The ironic thing about this whole episode is that I was dreaming aboutNiagara Falls Canada and being on the Maid of the Mist. Forthose who do not know what that is, it is a boat that travels to andnear these humongous water falls and you get absolutely soaked doing it.

Think I learned a valuable lesson today... Never be too lazy or tired to put your bunnies away.. it catches up with you... LOL

What a beautiful tribute! And that was always my favorite picture of Pez.:D

For those of you that haven't seen yet, there's a new Bunny 101 thread:
Dealing With Grief

Irishmist was given this by her vet and wanted to share it with everyone else.

Binky free, bunnies.

:pink iris:

puccalookup.jpg

Name: Pucca

DOB: July 2006

RIP: 20th November 2006 , exactly 2 months after my hamster oddball

Anecdote: Puccas was a sweetie and wasn't afraid ofbeing held, she was always still and I luvd feeding her by hand just(she lived with her mum and i made sure her mum didnt eat herpart of food). she got alot of attention when I brought her in for mytalk and she didn't panic at all. She really wasn't mine, but she was arunt so I'm guessing that might be part of her death, she was bred frommy sisters rabbits and as her siblings got sold, she stayed and Ibonded with her, too bad when I decided I was going to get her ownhutch and keep her as mine, and take her to the vet for a checkup (cozshe was small) it was already too late.....

Luved very much and told her I luvd her before she slipped ;P, 4evermissed, she'll be with my wee hamster now (died at2/12 yrs)Oddball, and our other family pets. Miss you licking my finger andcoming at the front of the hutch in anticpation of being held (unlikemost of my sisters other rabbits who run away from me :( most of thetime)

xmas.jpg

MERRY XMAS PUCCA , (and all other pets on this bridge and past pets) asunlike other pets she didnt live long enough to see her first Xmas :(

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

And also a :boohoo:for Pez who I heard about when I was searching for this board :(, Joining Pucca and Pez 2gether

:happyday::magicwand:and over the rainbow :(

So very sorry. I will light a candle for this little one.

Back