Raging Bunny Hormones Please Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyluv96

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 9 month old Holland Lop Bun boy named Sunny. He is very sweet and very mischevious! I have 2 cats that seem to interact just fine with him except on one respect. My bun is an adorable mess of raging hormones! He tries to mount my cats and needless to say they get mad! They are declawed but try to swat him which scares me so I end up having to seperate them. He is especially bad with my oldest cat for some reason(both my cats are neutered). I have tried to distract him by petting him, inticing him with toys and he even has a stuffed bun that is his 'girlfriend' if you get my drift. But he gets his sites set on my cat and won't let up for anything, I think he's in love :p but it's not a good thing! My cat gets so mad, who can blame him, and I have to shut him out when I have my bun out for playtime. It breaks my heart b/c my cat meows through the door. He wants to be in for playtime too, he likes the bun but he doesn't want mounted. I've thought about neutering my bun, but I'm terrified that the vet will mess it up. If anything happened to him I'd be beside myself. Not to mention I don't know what I'd do without him for a few days. Most of the time he's my only company. So anyways, I guess to make a long story less long..do I HAVE to neuter my bun? Will he eventually grow out of it? I figure maybe he's like a teenager and they are all hormones but it only lasts a little while and eventually them calm back down to normal. He didn't used to do this so will he stop on his own without neutering? AND will neutering fix the problem? If I go through all that to have him fixed will it keep him from mounting? He mounts pillows, stuffed animals..he's acrazy lil bun! Thanks for any advice. :bunnybutt:

Get him neutered. HIs hormones will not calm down. I "bunny-sat" an intact male who was about 5 years old. He fell "in lust" with my forearms. I looked like a failed suicide attempt with all the bruises and deep scratches on my arms from his amorous attention. I felt bad for this bunny because he was so frustrated all the time. Neutering is not an invasive surgery like spaying is. A small incision on each testicle and a couple of sutures is all it takes. He will go home the same day. I've got a couple of videos up discussing neutering before and after. I hope these will help you decide and ease your anxiety.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/FastUpOnRabbitCare#p/u/14/eopKktnNRbU[/ame]

i didn't think about him being frustrated :( he can come home the same day you say? i like that. will he be in pain or bleeding?

Latest posts

Back