Rachel and Rebelous Roxana [Part II]

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weetwoo_89

Reaction score
As some of you may or may not remember, I used to have a fairly active bun blog. As it was deleted at some point in the past, let me start over.

My name is Rachel, lots of people call me Rae. It doesn't really matter to me what you call me, as long asit isn't 'late to dinner'. ^_^ I am 18, and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee currently with my parents, but soon with my boyfriend and a mutual friend of ours, assuming all goes well. I graduated highschool a semester early and I have just been accepted into the University of Tennessee with almost $10,000 of scholarship money (which is lucky, because that is about what I will have to spend to be able to go..) I also just got a job at Toys 'R Us (Changing the price signs apparently). Probably not a very good job, but a job is a job right now, as I need money desperately. But enough about me, I know you all came to hear about the other half anyways...*grumble grumble*

I only have one rabbit right now. Her name is Roxana (A.K.A. Roxi, Stinky Bun, Spoiled Rotten, among others). She was in a pet store that I happened to go in to buy some dog food. The sign said "Dwarf Lionhead" but I figure since that pet store was rather ignorant, and the fact that she is a bit bigger than Lionhead size, I figue she is a mix, not that I care. I had sworn to myself the familar oath, "Rescue bunnies. There are too many bunnies out there in shelters to pay someone to breed more....", I am sure that many of you know what I am talking about. But sometimes, I really think that they choose you (at least that is what I hope, because if it is left up to me, I think I might have to choose them all. :) ). One look at Roxi was all it took. I was putty. Brought her home with me right then.

S5030332.jpg

"What's outside the box, mom? Oh come on, this car ride is boring..."

She was so cute and sweet and little and...didn't understand her litterbox at all....and didn't want to eat hay, just pellets....and spoiled rotten immediately. My mother who had frowned upon the idea of having another rabbit, automatically went against all of my advice, feeding her things that she shouldn't (extra pellets, bits of vegetables she had never had before). If fact, upon thinking about it, I blame her grandmother. *shakes head*

Anyways. Roxi got bigger and was healthy, up until she hit about 7 months old. Then she got head tilt right before she was going to get spayed. It was severe, some days a 5'oclock tilt, other days less. For a few months, I rushed her around to vets, getting her medicenes (which only seems to make matters worse), listened to people that would see her call her "Emily Rose: Exorcist Bunny" and having vets flat out tell me that I would be a better owner to "put her out of her misery". But through all that, I watched her closely, and though she didn't really seem impressed that I had to help her eat (she has an independent streak...about as big as mine is...), she didn't seem to be in too much pain. She hopped around and still played and would eat and drink with help. So I quit going to the vets, mostly because I don't have that kind of money to pay for negativity. With neck massages and some good TLC, I report that Roxi mostly stays on a 1'o clock tilt, 2 on a bad day.

I will get some pictures as soon as I get a quick moment.

So long for now. R.

Yeah, I think your blog was one of many threads that got lost in the infamous shut-down-and-move thing last year.:?

I'm really glad you're back, and I can't wait to see new pictures of Roxi! She certainly isn't the only bun with head tilt on the forum, you'll find most of us here agree that rabbits with head tilt can still live long, happy, mostly normallives.

And now... bring on the pictures!

Hi and welcome back! Im so happy to hear you finally got a bunny- she is adorable! Does she have blue eyes?

Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Haley

Thanks Naturestee. Before Roxi got headtilt, I always wondered if it was really true thata rabbit could live a happy life with headtilt. I am glad to say, the answer to that is a resounding YES. ^.^

Hi Haley, actually her eyes are like none I have ever seen before. The top half is brown, and the bottom half is blue (but they pretty much always end up looking red in photos). It makes me wonder if she might have vision problems either now or in the future. Anyone that knows could tell me any advice or into the have.

JadeIcing, you know if it weren't for you I would have probably stayed lost. I hope I stick around this time as well.

Now for what you have all been waiting for....PICTURES! (...In no particular order...)

S5030950.jpg

Where are my presents?! Why am I the only thing under this tree?!

S5030951.jpg

What?! I am not doing anything...yet...."

S5030965.jpg

Just chillin' at the crib, mom. Don't worry, I won't bite your step-brother.

S5030966.jpg

See, look. I AM a good bunny! (Directly after this picture, she hopped into his lap, and peed on him. It was the only time I have ever seen her pee on anyone.)

S5030967.jpg

MOM!! !Why so many pictures?!

S5030969.jpg

No!! You embarrass me so much....How am I supposed to seem like an independent girl bun now?

S5031019.jpg

I blend into situations well.

S5031022.jpg

Tell me I'm pretty. (I think this is one of the best pictures I have of her eyes, but it still doesn't do them justice.)

S5031027.jpg

What?! I'm not chewing holes in grandmother's couch....Of course not....

S5031028.jpg

...Yes? Can I help you?

S5031031.jpg

I am very angry at my mother for her failure to capture a wonderful picture of me while I am moving, thus giving my pictures imperfections, like red-eye...-_-;

S5031033.jpg

Well, I am going for now...Wait, can I chew this?

Wow, her eyes are soooo odd, but very pretty :biggrin2:.

Being from the pet store, she could have health problems in the future. I certainly hope that she does not, though.

I am soooooo glad you are back :).

I just love her "hair!"

She shouldn't have vision problems from the eye color. Fey (and Sprite, RIP) has that too. She's a dwarf hotot and should have dark eyes, but apparently she's been crossed with blue eyed whites too and that's what does that. The only color-related eye problems I know of are red eyed whites, which sometimes scan (move their heads back and forth) to compensate for reduced vision.

For comparison, Sprite's eye:
100_1888a.jpg

And Fey's:
Feyseye.jpg

Undergunfire- It is really nice to see you again. I have the same hope as you. That she lives a happy full life.

Naturestee- Thanks alot. I wondered about it, but didn't even really know how to search for it. It relaxes me to know that it is just her genes and not some form of blindess onsetting. Also her 'hair'...It makes me bonkers. She has about four places where it is really long and wolly. And that is about it. She is like a half-mane lionhead. ^.^ It is like Einstein hair, sticking up at odd angles, with one piece hanging in front of her face all the time. Sometimes I will get my hands wet and 'style' it. Mohawks, pigtails, you name it. It is probably why she poops on the couch when I tell her specifically not to. :D

Latest posts

Back