Raby update #2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkie2

Reaction score
I brought Raby back to the vet on Wednesday (sorry for the delay) because of strange lumps around her face. She had been to the vet a week earlier because of a small case of conjunctivitis as well as possible mites. The vet (as i suspected) immediately diagnosed Raby with abscesses and put her on antibiotics 2x a day for two weeks. I was told if the meds do not clear them up, she should go in to have them surgically removed.

However, I definitely notice a much happier rabbit than two weeks ago. Although a bit pricey, it's just simply impossible not to help out a part of my family.

gmas rabbit wrote:
Good, glad the drugs are working. Keep an eye on them as they can reappear if not totally adradicated to begin with.
The antibotics have definitely shrunken them and it's only been a 3 days out of 14. I am trying to figure out what you mean by adradicated to begin with - what you're saying sounds very important i just don't seem to understand it.

I hope everything goes well and soon Raby is 100% fine again!
I like what you said, that Rabi is a part of your family. It's always good to show respect for someone we love, some people treat their pets almost as things.. I'm always happy to meet someone who truly loves their pets!
I hope the medicine is enough though, and that no surgery is needed! You and Raby deserve all the good luck in the world!
:pray::goodluck:nod

I think eradicated means that the anti-biotics will shrink them completely to non-existance where they may never come back. But there might be one or two that will not shrink completely and sneak back. Just watch for those after the anti-biotics are finished. They are the ones I think your Vet is talking about that might have to be surgically removed.

Sounds like the medication is helping Raby. Hoping that's all he needs and all the abscesses are totally eradicated to non-existence.

Please keep us updated.

K:)

I hope you're giving probiotics as well, at least by the time you stop the antibiotics. Antibiotics kill the good bacteria as well as the bad & the good ones need to be replaced or the bad ones will take over again.

Latest posts

Back