Rabbits to the rescue!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
I feel like I have a lot to do today, cleaning house, rearranging kitchen cabinet space - laundry.

I started in the kitchen and got fresh veggies ready for the rabbits. The bonded group of 4 I let run (Apple the blind girl, Mattie the Angora mix, Elmer Fudd and Cloud the Mini Rex).

I heard the dryer turn off downstairs so I grabbed a bowl of romaine lettuce and headed downstairs. I figured I'd check the dryer (I usually have to run it another half cycle) and put vegies in the buns' bowls.

The dryer had some stuff dry so I hung it, restarted the dryer/washer - went and divided up the veggies.

While I worked on that I heard the buns racing around upstairs. I peeked up the hallway and they were*playing like mad.

I rearranged their cage a bit, went downstairs to get new grass mats and heard more running and thumping. I smiled, thinking of my herd of elephants.

Back in the entry way I worked on the cage and was very suprised to see Cloud peeking at me from around the corner. Mattie was at the top of the steps all hunkered down and Elmer Fudd was nowhere in sight. Apple was halfway down the steps all agitated.

I picked Apple up and carried her to the living room. Thats when I saw the problem - I was still running dish water! Both sides of the sink were full (one plugged for dishwater, one I hadnt drained after washing veggies) and it was running all over the kitchen floor into the dining room.

So now - bunnies are put up, every towel upstairs is sopping wet and my carpet... well, I needed to make an appointment to get it cleaned anyhow.

Silly bunnies tried their hardest to get my attention, all except for Elmer Fudd who headed for hig/dry ground by perching on the back of the sofa!

Aww, Leaf!
Sorry about the mess, but I'm glad that the Household Security Task-force stepped it up into high gear.
Nice to know they're looking out for you (and their dinner...):biggrin2:

OH NO!!!

You know what? we get so busy sometimes we just lose track of things.... I've done it a hundred times! and yep, they were trying to tell you!

That is so funny, sorry :p! Thank goodness you really don't live alone, haha! I could imagine all the bunnies running around like crazy :panic:.

That reminds me....the other night I took our dog outside, brought him back inside and put him in his inside/outside run, and went to the sink to wash my hands. I washed them and reached over to grab the dish towel to dry my hands, out the dish towel down, and went right out the back door to meet Ryan at the car. As soon as I closed the door, I realized I never turned off the water.

:headsmack

:shock:

I'm usually the first to laugh at myself but this time I've kicked my own butt. I thought I had everything cleaned up but I just finished doing dishes and when I opened a drawer to put silverware away it was kind of stuck so I pulled and pulled - There was standing water in it, the drawer is severely warped and I see the "facing" of the cabinet door underneath it is now curling up. The shelving inside the cabinet below is also warping badly.

I'm out of work for 9 days, minimum. I can't really affoard new cabinets right this minute even as small as my kitchen is but this could really "break" the whole setup down.

Does home owners insurance cover this type of thing? As it is, I'm having to have the carpets cleaned tomorrow mainly because of the huge water leak that went into the dining room and living room.

Latest posts

Back