Rabbits lost in barn fire, Sykesville, MD 10/13/2009?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Turtle

Reaction score
Does anyone in the Maryland/Pennsylvania area know whose rabbitry burned last Tuesday? The local news only reported that "45 show-quality rabbits were lost" when a barn burned on Gaither Road in Sykesville, just west of Baltimore, but they don't say whose rabbitry it was. Does anyone in Carroll or Howard County know whose rabbitry was lost?

Oh my! Thats so sad. I don't know but if you find out please let everyone know their contact if possible. (e-mail/website)

Karlie

Horrible.

I remember seeing pictures a few years back on a site of a person that had their rabbitry burn. They had Jerseys, too. I believe their cages where bolted in or something. Only saved 15 of them and all had burns and smoke inhilation.

The thought of fire freaks me out, which is why I refuse to put electric into my barn.

Oh my gosh, that's terrible. it was a barn fire(killed 3 horses, ewe and her lamb and a dawarf bunny) was what got me started with rabbits.
My thoughts are with them

Thanks for the info, Pam. I seem to recall the name from the shows at Carroll County and Baltimore/Howard, but I don't know them personally and don't know the breeds they have. For members with barns, I urge you NOT to lock them in a way that will impede you or emergency personnel from getting access to your wabbits, and will mention that Home Depot has some serious all-purpose fire extinguishers for about $60 each. For smaller enclosures, you can get smaller units for $25-$45. Just try not to spray the wabbits, because the stuff that's in the extinguishers is pretty hard to breathe and can induce pneumonia. But in an emergency, anything's better than nothing.

Will see you at State College this weekend, and thanks.

Latest posts

Back