Rabbits home?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tori.scanlon

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2 cats in my house. i have a inside bunny in my room. i came on here to ask would it be ok to put a bunny in a brick garage with a tin roof. We don’t put cars in there and there’s no cars that go near our driveway. The reason i’ve been considering this is because one of my cats is always at my door because he know my bunny is inside. he has got in twice. i put him in my cage when i leave but it’s only temporary, im just worried. So can i have some help with this. if it is a good idea from your guys thoughts. could you also help with what i would need to put in the garage for my bunny. Thank you.

Some people have had their cats and rabbits get along. There is risk, and precautions should always be adhered to, but --depending on the individual cats -- it may not be necessary to keep them totally separate all the time. There is a thread discussing the topic here:
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/how-do-you-social-a-cat-around-bunnies.105115/
Perhaps if you allow your cats to satisfy their curiosity (safely) about the rabbit, they wouldn't be intent on getting in your room. The discussion linked may provide some ideas and insights.

That said, I'd be more inclined to maintain a secure cage that is roomy enough in your room. A cage that is cat-proof. That way you won't need to worry while you're out.

Having your rabbit in your room, you get to interact and bond with your rabbit. Even if you're not directly interacting with your rabbit, just being in close proximity is like bonding (in your rabbit's eyes). If you put him outside in the garage, he'll be a very lonely bunny. How often would you really sit outside there and spend time with your rabbit? If you designated, say... 2 whole hours to just sit out there every day... well, that would mean the rabbit is isolated and alone for 22 hours per day. Just some thoughts to consider.

Latest posts

Back