Rabbits Ate Something They Shouldn't Have

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
Last night I put the plastic mesh (canvas) on the Suzi and Roscoes litter. In the litter box. I got up this morning and a size of 2 inches by 1 inch was gone out of it. So I removed the mesh. I don't know which one ate it but what should I do? They obviously swallowed it cause I can't find the peices. :thud:

I can't afford to take a sick bunny to the vet right now. Should I just watch them or push hay or What?

Thanks for any help. I'm stressing right now over the situation.

Just push hay and fluids.
remember your rabbit most likely chewed this up; it will most likely pass through . don't worry a lot about it but it's good that you took it away. i found cat litterboxes with plastic grids at farm and fleet but i know that some rabbits also chew that.

My guys eat a bit of it too, but that amount on a regular basis would be bad, and perhaps they will have to have a different kind of grid. I agree to push they hay and hold back on pellets, but it should pass through without problems. I don't think you'll see it pass through.

Hi April,

I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time with these guys.

I haven't used a mesh on a litter pan. What kind of mesh is it? Why were you using it?

I love the avatar you have of them. THey look wonderful!

Laura

I thought I'd buy the cheap mesh to keep the rabbits cleaner. Thats why I tried it. Daisy and Rascal hasn't ate there's but Roscoe or Suzi had to taste there's.LOl. I'm gonna try the harder, grids that you can get at Lowes, when I have the money. They won't be able to eat that. LOl. I hope.

They are fine. Haven't had any problems with them, from eating it. Knock on wood. I just wanted to keep their feet whiter. But thier no problem. I just love them!

Hi April, I am so glad to hear that everything is okay. They kept really clean at my house, but they didn't feel the need to sleep in the litter pan. I still don't understand why they do at your house and they did not at mine. Weird!

Anyways, it was so good to see all those great pictures! OMG - I love the one of Suzi up on top of the toy chest checking out all the stuffed animals. And my all time favorite is of Roscoe all stretched out in front of Lexi's dresser. With that cute little foot pushed out behind him. What a cutie pie! OMG - they look great!

Have a good day!:bunnydance:

Laura

Latest posts

Back