Rabbits and temperature?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
Hi all!

It's been a very, very long time since I've been on the forum! I should probably re-introduce myself at some point- it's been a few year, but at the moment, I need a little advice.

The burner for my oil heater isn't working- a tech should be coming at some point today to take a look at it, but at the moment, it's absolutely freezing in here. How can I keep the bunnies warm without the use of a space heater- my landlady has absolutely forbidden them. My dog is perfectly happy to let me wrap him in a bundle of blankets, but the bunnies... not so much.

Any thoughts/advice would be tremendously appreciated!

Do you know what the exact temperature is? It might feel freezing to you, but I think down to 60 degrees might not even phase them. How many rabbits do you have? Can they snuggle up with each other if they get cold? Do you have a heating pad or hot water bottle they could lie down on if they want to? Maybe you could make a cave or tunnel out of blankets for them. I wouldn't worry too much though. They are probably fine with their fur coats.

It's actually right at 60 right now. I have three rabbits- none of which are bonded. I do have heating pads though- I'll need to hide the cords. The good news is that the burner is being checked now, so hopefully things should be okay once they figure out what's wrong and fix it.

Back