Rabbits and other pets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashsqueaky

Reaction score
My bunny Monty's last owner, which he was with till he was 1 year old, had him grow up with a cat and a small dog so he is no stranger to other pets. However my four cats and one dog at home have never seen a bunny before. Usually when I let Monty run around in my room with the door closed off to the cats, but I really want him to run around downstairs with the rest of the family. I've let him a few times under close supervision down stairs. The cats will sniff him and stare at him but no fights. Monty has hopped toward them a couple times which scared them to jump back themselves. I was just wondering what experience others have had with bunnies and other pets, especially cats.

It all depends on the personalities involved. However, my one cat LOVES the buns. The other just ignores them. Pictures worth 1,000 words.

Andre welcoming Indiana Bunns into the family
IndyandAndre.jpg

Andre and Becky napping in the bed (not that they are spoiled or anything)
100_1007.jpg

My black cat Biggs has always been good with the bunnies, my other 2 cats avoid them.
Sleeping together
002-6.jpg

Here we had Nova for about a week and I had just cleaned her litter box which Biggs thought was a good place to check out. So of course Nova had too see what kitty Mommy was doing lol!
004-3.jpg

Here is an old pic of Biggs(4-6months old) and my 1st bunny Rocky(rip)
bunny014.jpg

Latest posts

Back