Rabbits and Horses

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no clue what they do or do nothave in common......but WOW what an interesting page. Our vetsuggested we get rabbits and use their dung to raise wormsin. Then harvest the worms for resale.

Our two babies were rescued from a neglectiveowner.They were SO thin when we first got them. Butwe got a BIG thumbs up from the vet. They have put on weightand are responding very well to being treated like the babies theyare....precious. Their names are Maverick andMissy. Maverick is 2 and Missy a little over 1. Wealso took on a 8yr old Dunn from another bad owner. Peopleamaze me.

Gomer and Cleo have not travled out the pasture to meet theirnew siblings....that will have to wait unitl next spring when they arealittle more calm and mature. They get too excited right nowand that could cause some serious damage.

I will post pics as soon as I dig them out....

I've long thought of Meat as a tinyhorse. ^_^ Not exactly the same, obviously, but alot of similarities.

Most of the major points have been hit already, but one personalobservation is that Meat acts very much like my horse (an Arabian mareI owned in high school through my early 20's): they're both wickedsmart, mostly do what they're supposed to do, and enjoy people for whatpeople have to offer (ie, tasty food & scritchings), but aren'toverly "people-oriented" & always give you the impression thatthey're "playing along" because it suits them to do so, not because youasked them to.

I'm not sure if this has been said already but,

-both need fiber (hay) to maintain healthy digestion

-both are very alert animals

- they sometimes jump a like (bucks/rearing - binkies)

-they both do the "bunny shiver"? Ya know what I mean? ;)

- like 50 million years ago horses were about the size of a rabbit! :shock:

- they both stomp (not knowing for sure if horses do it out of danger, or impatience??

I was never allowed a horse, and personally I think a rabbit is the next best thing :)

Back